Message: Expectations

Another message? How about more writing instead?

That's why I'm posting this!

So, about an hour ago, one of you left me this comment, and I thought it deserved a bit more of a public response, so everyone can have the correct expectations moving forward!

So, here's my view (and I've given this a lot of thought):

First, don't bring Goodness into this. She's a harmless bystander.

Second, my word count is based on how Wattpad functions across all devices. When you cross 1500-2000 words, it can sometimes cut off the end of the chapter, which hampers the experience for some and not others. Also, no two readers are alike, and 1500 words max fits in with most attention spans. Then, it's important for me to make sure that each individual part ends at a good point, where there is at least some break in the dialogue, or narrative flow, or (if I'm lucky) a cliffhanger. Sometimes, that can be really difficult, which means I have to stop closer to 1000 words. But since you're getting a new part every day, I think that makes up for it.

In terms of my upload schedule, posting once a day seems to work best for everyone (including me). Most writers on Wattpad don't post on a consistent schedule like I do. Personally, I think that makes me more dependable as an author, so my readers know that spending time on my book won't be a risk to their free time and energy. You can safely know that it's gonna be completed someday soon. Also, since my book was added to the *Featured List* when I had only posted 10 parts or so, I feel that I have a duty to the Wattpad staff, and to any author who wishes their book was Featured, to keep a reliable posting schedule.

If you're feeling impatient, which is understandable, you could always try waiting a couple days between reads. Many of my followers are doing that. I can tell, because I see when they vote in blocks every weekend or so. I am glad you like the book so much. Hopefully, by me doing things this way, it won't put you off to reading the book entirely. Thanks to @saifthetrouble for your input though. I want to make sure you guys are happy!

Now, back to all that hard work.