Chapter 4:5

The rest of their time on the Hogwarts Express passed quickly. The four of them continued their conversation, played games, and laughed about the hi-jinks Fred and George had already gotten themselves into at home without using magic. And just as the train began to slow, Lee returned to the topic of Knockturn Alley.

"Awful place. My dad works at the Ministry of Magic. Department of Magical Law Enforcement. He says Knockturn Alley is overrun with evil characters."

"Wicked! Is he an Auror?" George asked, nearly breathless. "Or in the Department of Explosive Substances? Heard Bill talking about that one once."

"I bet it's a blast to work there," Fred joked.

"No, nothing like that," Lee confessed with a frown. "I think he's in some administrative job high up. Paperwork, and that. Lots of meetings. Seems bored with it, really."

"Relax, Fred," George urged, sensing that his brother was already dreaming up what Mr. Jordan did for a living. "Our father works in the same department. Misuse of Muggle Artifacts division."

"It must be quite an interesting floor to work on. That's where they have the Hit Wizards," said Angelina, tapping the well-read comic on her lap for a second time. "One of the members of the Dark Force Defense League is a Hit Wizard. He goes by the name Nox. There was another in the Investigation Department, Green Wand. It was ages ago, before he was burned up by dragons. Issue two hundred, I believe. Super hard to track down, that issue. And expensive. The Master of Mystery is the newest incarnation of Green Wand, though he's less of a fighter. Now, Magical Investigators are hired for pointless inquiries. Just read about one in today's newspaper, actually."

"Hang on." Fred reached for the rolled up paper in the bin by the closet. It was already folded to the correct page. "George, read this."

Fred handed it to his brother. The article read:

The Mystery File of the Missing Vial: Closed.

Today in Hapsburg, a precious crystal vial was discovered in the rumpus room of one Ferguson Fink. It was stolen last month from Ramkins Magical Oddities, a shop in London. The item in question was found by the now-famous Magical Investigator for the Ministry of Magic, Lexington Parsimonae, who was hired by the shop owner to uncover the appropriated possession.

"I was curious why such a paltry thing as an ordinary vial was so precious to Mister Ramkin, but it is not my job to ask questions. It is only to find answers to questions unasked," said the renowned investigator.

Along with the vial, Parsimonae obtained a treasured birdcage that had also been taken from the shop. The owner, Enigmus Ramkin, noted to our reporters, in an unappreciative tone, that neither the vial nor the cage were significant, rather the contents they held. Since he refused to go on record about why, his opinion on the matter is of least importance.

"We were there - in that shop!" Fred trumpeted, proud to feel connected to the magical world so soon. "That's the one we were talking about from Knockturn Alley. Met the investigator as well. Strange bloke."

"I'd say that Ramkin fellow is the strange one," George corrected, shaking his head at the memory. "Kept barking on that Fred and I were special because we're pure-blood."

The train jolted to a stop, just as Lee and Angelina locked eyes. Then a muffled voice came through the wooden speaker box in the hall, announcing their arrival.

"Hold on," Lee breathed, bending his head forward. "You're the pure-blood twins? The Weasleys?"

Fred and George leered at him uncertainly.

Angelina scooted to the edge of her seat, overcome with delicious curiosity. Her eyes were smiling as she gazed down at the newspaper and uttered the words, "Turn to the front page."

"