Election Year

With Tate...

Snors could be heard throughout the small New York house.

Tate lay dreaming in his bed, of times when he felt alone and disappointment was at every turn.

1832

"You can't go!"

"I have to Tate."

"But mama, you just came home. You can't leave me again."

"My sweet boy, I never want to leave you ever. But things have come up in the magic court and I must go."

Turning around Faiz pulled out a small locked from her pocket.

"Here. This is for you my son. It belonged to your father."

"I don't want this, I want to have you."

"I love you Tatum, but now I must go."

"Mam-" Tates protest was cut short as his mother put a spell over him.

"Sleep." She whispered.

Standing Faiz left the room and made her way to the living room in her small cottage.

Mildred looked up at Faiz, then back to the ground.

"It is done then." Mildred said in a statement more than a question.

"It is."

"Mistress.."

"Mildred please understand that he is my son, and I have seen the future.

Do not wake him until the appointed time. I have wiped his memories of this time. Do not allow him to have his memories triggered, do you understand?"

"Yes. Yes mistress I do."

"Good. Now I must go, the magic court awaits."

In a flash Faiz was gone, and Mildred was left to watch over a boy who would sleep for almost two hundred years.

Present day- Academy

"She said that I have to come to her during free period."

"But what does she want to talk to you about?" Georgie asked Tate as they walked down the halls.

"I have no clue, but I really don't feel to good about it."

"I don't either babe, but tell me how it goes alright?"

"Alright. I love you."

"I love you too." George giggled as Tate lifted her up and kissed her lips.

...

Tate...

"Hello Mr. Spencer."

"Hello Head Mistress Monticello."

She nodded to me.

"It has come to my attention that a few things have changed for you."

"May I ask what things?" I asked as politely as possible.

"Well your mother."

"My mother." I repeated, puzzled.

I had not seem my mom in years. Only the less than usual message or present for her absence.

"I'm sorry Tate Spencer, but you are no longer allowed to attend The Gifted Academy for the Magically Inclined."

"What?"

"My sincerest apologies, but as I have said things have changed. Mr. Spencer your last interactions with the school will be the Cinster Ball, but after that I do not wish to see you anywhere near my school. Thank you."

I just sat there dumbfounded.

I didn't understand a single thing that just happened.

'How did that happen? What happened to make that happen? No academy? Away from Georgie?!'

My fist balled in anger. I felt my face and neck turn 3 shades red. I stood and spoke.

"No!"

"Excuse me?"

"I said no. You can't kick someone out of school because of their parents. Let alone someone who hasn't seen their parent in years. I will attend this academy until I graduate next year."

I said what needed to me said and started to leave the room.

I couldn't believe that lady. Who does she think she is to kick a student out for no probable cause.

Before my hand turned the door knob I caughtsight of a poster for the election of 1832.

My mind was flooded with a time that was taken from me.

I quickly left the room slamming the door in my wake.

"I need to talk to my mother."

·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

Please vote and comment, I love feed back.