I got you bro.

"Alright, here's wassup. Karly and Ray, y'all gonna enter their warehouse from the back. Me and the other boys will enter through the front. And a couple of my old boys gon be guarding the front. We shoot, we get the hell out. Understood?" Boss started. This was serious, it was going down tonight! These west side boys won't even know.

While we were at the trap house, I seen Ray looking all sappy and shit. I went to go see what was up. "Yo, wassup Ray?" I asked.

"I'm good." He replied.

I laughed. "How you gon lie to me like that? I know you ain't good." I said. I've known Ray for so long, I ain't stupid.

"I said I'm good." He replied getting annoyed.

"Look, whatever it is, you know I'm here and I got you bro. Just know that." I said to him.

"What if something bad happens while we in there? I don't want none of y'all hurt." He said.

"Like I said, I got you. Something happen to you, I got you. Something happen to me, you got me right?" I asked.

"You already know Kar." He smirked and dapped me.

"Alright, so ain't shit to worry bout. This suppose to be quick. In and Out type shit."

He laughed. "You right."

I went home to the everyday bullshit.

Today was different though. Way different.

There was a meal on the table, my mom wasn't high, and daddy wasn't smoking a blunt. It seemed like something was up, I don't know what it is but it has to stop. I'm so used to the bad energy, that now that there's good energy, it don't feel right.

I walked through the front door and straight to the kitchen to see two people dressed like professionals. "Hey baby, these are the people from the foster care center." My mother said. My mother never calls me baby, and that's why they're being so nice.

They want these people to think this is a good home. I wasn't about to let my parents deceive them.

"You cooked. Last time I remember you cooking was- nope I never remember you cooking." I blurred out.

My mom and Dad laughed uncomfortably. "Oh Karly, you're so funny." My mom tried to play it off.

I was being selfish right now. I wasn't thinking about Ray, Mack, or the boys as the trap. If I let these people take me, I'm leaving my best friends behind. That wasn't fair. I cleaned up my act, and decided to be good that evening. But besides, there would be no use of the people taking me to a home. I'd be 18 in a couple of months.

*Next Day*

Tonight was the night. We had to end this shit, once and for all. Everybody had each others back, and this had to be quick. It was about 8 o'clock and everyone met up at the trap house. "Y'all know wassup right?" Boss asked. We all nodded our heads.

We drove a few miles to get to the west side warehouse. There were guards everywhere. "Shoot em, and lets go." Boss whispered from the bushes.

Ray and I made it to the back where two guards stood. We shot them both and just bust down the back door. We ran up two flights of stairs to reach where the other boys were.

The smell of weed hit my nose, and we walked in dirty room filled with hoes giving blow jobs and guys watching tv and rolling up. We really caught these niggas off guard.

"OH SHIT!" one of them yelled out.

I just started shooting without a care in the world. I just shot at everybody. Shots started to come back at us and Ray was shooting everywhere too.

The shots stopped and there were bodies all on the ground. I let out a sigh of relief. "Ray you okay?" I asked looking to my side.

"Yeah, I think I'm good." We walked out of the warehouse and into the car where everybody waited.

"Drive!" I called out. We zoomed off.

The car was full of silence. Everybody was exhausted. "Ray, are you bleeding?" I asked him. I saw blood coming out of the side of his stomach.

He started to black out. "Boss Ray was shot!! I yelled.

"We cant take him to the hospital, they'll ask questions." He said.

"What do you mean they'll ask questions! He's shot, what're we suppose to do then?!" I yelled at him.

"I know a guy." he said.

We drove to the East side where there was an abandoned building. "Bring him in." Boss demanded.

We got inside and there stood a sophisticated man. "This is Doctor Radley." He introduced us.

"We're gonna have to take the bullet out first. Then patch him up." He started.

I was so worried. If I lost Ray I don't know what I'd do with myself. He's my everything and I need him here.

The doctor made us wait outside while he did all that doctor shit. Hours later he came outside. "He's in critical condition, but I'm not sure what the outcome will be." He ended.

"You mean you don't know if he's gonna make it?" I asked. He nodded. I just started to cry. Barely anything hurt me anymore, but loosing Ray would hurt like a bitch. I told Ray I had his back and I let him get shot. I let him down.