Chapter 5 : Afterglow

Casadon Erik's P.O.V.

I had awoken early. Walked outside to breath in the breezy air, fill my lungs with pure goodness in the morning. The sunrise was like a rhythmic percussion rising into the cerulean sky, my emerald eyes steadily fixated on the afterglow of delicate dust. I look away from dusty pink and shade of fire sky. Thorin Oakenshield is present and he is also staring at sunrise. He glances at me.

"You're awake early," He says. Was he trying to get his throat slit? Or is he trying to vex me?

"I always am," I manage to say, furrowing an eyebrow, looking extremely annoyed at him.

"For a bounty hunter," Thorin replies, chuckling slightly. I swear he was definitely trying to annoy me. It was the only thing in life he was probably good at.

"For an elf," I grunt back at him.

"Well, you're very small for an elf," He insults me. He was definitely trying to vex me, if I only Balin were awake, then I'd rip the contract up ; I had signed.

"Are you also like this in the morning?" I ask, raising my eyebrow.

"It's a beautiful morning," He tries to change the subject.

"Yeah it is. But that's besides the point," I say back to him.

"We will be leaving very soon. Tell me Casadon, do you have a pony?" Thorin asks me. He's facing me.

"I have horse, Why does that matter?"

"It doesn't," He says. What was the point in this conversation?

--

Once all the snoring dwarves were awake and Gandalf. Fili and his brother, Kili come up to me as I was standing near Gandalf.

"Do you have a pony, Casadon?" Fili asked like a gentleman he is. Unless he's two-faced of course. Good thing he didn't refer me a 'milady'. Such a horrible name to call a woman in my opinion anyways.

"A horse," I smirk, almost chuckling. Ember is a huge horse and makes dwarves look hobbits and since no hobbits are in this company. I'm allowed to say what I want without Gandalf saying a bloody thing.

"A h-horse?" Kili stuttered. Sounding he'd never seen one in his life. A clear, distant and loud whistle had drawn from my mouth with my fingers.

My dazzling black, ebony-coated horse cantered down the paths of the Shire. His hair gracefully waving in the wind as it canters. I look back at dwarves who are either looking at my horse or getting on there own ponies. When Ember jolted to halt, my hand gently affectionate the bridge of his nose, looking into his inky eyes of a thousand souls. Then I softly stroke the shoulder before mounting the horse. My eyes gaze upon Gandalf mounting his black horse with a shining white blaze.

Thorin rides up next to me. His pony is smaller as is he. "That is a fine horse, Leventis," His compliments are amusing. He doesn't mean it. He knows far too well my horse is to big, and extremely fast. But he doesn't like it because nothing can please the famous Thorin Oakenshield.

"Well, if I do say so myself,"

"You are a cocky one," He chuckles whilst riding past me and most of the dwarves.

Gandalf's horse walks past and glances at me. "Come along, Cas." I sighed to this.

I stirred Ember behind Fili and Kili. Trust me. They talked throughout our departure from the shire. My hands firmly gipping Embers long and gorguous boucy mane. But there was a conversation that I had to listen about Torin being there uncle to these two idiots.

"You know Fili," Kili said as I roll my eyes. Anything more interesting? I think not.

"Yes brother," Fili replies in a nice, soft tone.

"I think Casadon deserves a nickname. You know because Casadon is just too long for my liking"

Kili laughs.

"I agree," Fili says also letting out a horrendous chuckle.

"I like Cas, you know, what Gandalf calls her," Kili then says.

"Agreed," I can't believe this. I've literally only been in this company for like twelve hours and they've already given me nickname? Slightly absurd. I control Ember to ride towards Gandalf and Thorin, nearer the front of the company.

"Going somewhere?" Thorin remarked.

"Well, in actual fact your nephews were annoying. So I just removed myself. Is that a problem, Sir Oakenshield?" I sneered, mocking him.

Then a familiar voices shout behind the path and from the tall trees : "Wait!" The voice is then paused. "Wait!" The voice whoops again. On instinct, I turned Ember around, by holding his hair firmly. Bilbo. Dressed in a velvet crimson jacket. By now, most of the dwarves have stop there ponies to see why the journey mustn't continue. Bilbo walks up to Balin and his dashing white pony ; with his huge and hairy feet, holding hi what looked to be a signed contract.

"I signed it," He says in a cheerful tone of happiness as the long piece of paper blowns in the breezy gushes of air.

The contract is in Balin's hands and as he reads the signature, he says : "Everything appears to be in order. Welcome Master Baggins! To the company of Thorin Oakenshield," His tone was cheerful and bright like the sun in the sky clear and one cloud now and then sky.

"Give him a pony," Thorin commands.

Bilbo faces turns, "No, no, no, that won't be necessary thank you, i'm sure I can keep up on foot, i have done my fair share of walking holidays."

I couldn't hear the rest of what he said, as I tried to follow Thorin league and not fall behind Fili and Kili. Ember gracefully walk next to Thorin horse along the dusty path.  

--

Hey!!

Sorry this chapter is late but it took so long to write and now that i'm off school for two weeks i can write!!

Bye Mothertruckers -Holly