Chapter Eight

(Zeal)

(Zeal)

The Glaive

Chapter Eight

The wind blew through kicking up dust in the air around us, we were in an intense stare off with each other. The atmosphere was thick and full of tension. I could hear whispering from the stands "She defeated Zeal, do you think she can defeat Lurabeth?" How irritating.

"So are we going to get this started?" Lurabeth was getting impatient. I chuckled.

"Alright then let's get this started." She charged me, she was fast but not as fast as her friend. I quickly dodged her by rolling, I jump right back up. Right now we were only sizing each other up, getting a feel on how to go about this fight.

"Your power? From the way i saw it i'll take a guess that your ability is transportation, am i right? If so it'll have no use on me." She smirked. I saw her power back at the classroom. It some how pushed the students back. But that wasn't enough information on her power. I didn't confirm my power.

"Why don't we try and see." I teleport to you and swung my foot to kick her, she blocked my attack. A smile crossed her face.

"See i told you!" She pushed my leg off of her, I jumped back. "I have you all figured out, there's no way you will win. I will see to it that you don't." She came at me i could see the power gathering in her feet and hands. She was gathering the power in the air to make her run faster. That was one way to use your surroundings. I doubted her attack but she grabbed my my the leg. "Where do you think your going?" She threw me across the arena. I hit the edge of the wall. I gasped in pain, holding onto my side where my rib is broken.

"So you're finally feeling the pain?" She seemed surprised "By the amount of time I've met you, you've never shown pain. Not even when you were being beaten." She was basically insulting me saying I feel nothing.

"I'm human what do you expect?" I grabbed my side "I'm not gonna let you beat me." I might have suffered some injuries but I still have some tricks up my sleeves. I wasn't gonna let her beat me, not like this.

"Look your boyfriend looks so worried about you." I look up to Irus he was leaning over the edge watching the battle, his face had worry all over it. "Your lucky to have a boyfriend who cares so much about you." She smiled sweetly. I just wanted to barf all over her right now. This cheesy girl just annoyed me with all her boyfriend this and boyfriend that. Girl just shut up already.

"Ok first off he's not my boyfriend, why does everyone assume that we are in that kind of relationship. Can't a girl just be friends with a guy without any assumptions that they like each other in that way." I caught Lurabeth off guard, she started to laugh hysterically.

"What an interesting girl!" She wiped a tear from her eye. This was my time to strike while she was distracted. I grabbed some sand off the ground while i stood up. I teleport right to her, but she saw it coming.