Chip off the Ol'block

The hole I rested in last night was now 9 miles away from us, that's not far enough.
I traveled down the shadows and leapt from dark mist to shadow to shadow. My shadow bounded around me as I padded on the path.
"ẇһєяє ѧяє ẇє ɢȏıṅɢ?"
"Away." I calmly said.
Snap
My ears snapped up. Shadow mimicked my movements. I crouched in the shadows as Shadow merged over me, camouflaging me into my surroundings. I watched as a Tiger walked by...
A Guard on patrol.
I could've ran away but that would be pointless since I have an injury on my side after falling off a ten foot cliff... I was bleeding profoundly.
I watched as the tiger sniffed here and there in search for intruders. I shrank back and muttered words of Wolf-Lore

"My skin is my surroundings,
my fur is the outside.
To my marrow I shall transform,
In order to survive."

As soon as those words left my maw, Shadow engulfed me and changed my appearance.
My dark fur turned orange-red. My ears got rounder and my body shrank half my normal size, but my eyes stayed the same.
The same hue of purple that has seen too much yet too little.
I walked out of the undergrowth calmly and bowed my head in respect towards the tiger as he crept by. He bowed back and continued on his patrol while watching me closely as I walked away.
The wind suddenly picked up and my heart dropped...
If the tiger smelled my true scent then I'm screwed.
I continued dispite my worries and walked faster down the path.
I heard the tiger leap in front of me.

oh no...

"You are bleeding..."

whew...

"Yes I am..." I said flatly.
The Tiger curled his tail towards me, "I shall escort you the village up ahead. You will be healed there."
I nodded my head as to say thanks as I walked in place alongside the tiger.
"My name is Hunter... Hunter Clouds." said the tiger bluntly.
"My name is Carmel Follan." I replied. Hunter looked at me quickly and scanned my body.
"I can see why your name is Carmel..."
"huh?"
"Your fur... it looks like Carmel."
"Thank you."
He nodded and smiled but then frowned. I tilted my head. "What's the matter Hunter?"
"There's additional patrols this month because of a wolf sighting."
My heart nearly stopped.
How can I be so clueless...
Earlier I was at the river and I was hiding from the deer. I remembered the fawn muttering something to it's mother before they ran away.

The fawn must've saw me...

"Really? You don't say..."
He nodded, "To be honest... I've always wanted to meet the Wolf..."
I was taken back.

Why would he want to meet a wolf?

I cleared my throat,"well why do you want to meet the wolf?"
Hunter looked at me, "So my questions will be answered..."
"Ohhh..."
I stared straight ahead as the village came to view.
Hunter sighed, "Here's the village... I hope your wounds heal."
I bowed my head in thanks, "I hope we meet again."
He agreed as I padded towards the village.
I saw a carving in a tree that read:

"Welcome To Cotton Hollow"
"A Place Where Everyone Is Welcomed."

Welcomed? Not for wolves...

I walked on the pathway towards the center where I saw multiple huts and shops. I'm running low on maple leaves and leather sacks. I made my way towards a shop farther back,
'Chips 'n Clinks.'
I bowed my head as I walked in and was greeted by a raccoon.
"Hello! My name is Chip! Do you have any to trade?"
I nodded as I withdrew my sack full of bone and wood carvings. Chip grabbed it and poured them out. Chip inspected the large wood one that had a moon surrounded by swirls and stars.
Chip nodded, "I love this one particular. I will keep it for myself, here's 12 gold coins." He tossed me a bag full of gold and another filled with Silver and Bronze. "The Silver and Bronze is for the rest, 8 silver and 10 bronze."
"I'll take it. Thank you."
Chip nodded and handed me a basket full of leather sacks. I looked at him baffled, "How'd—"
He chuckled, "I saw you eyeing the leather... good luck Wolfie."
I stared at him with worry as he chuckled again, "Don't worry. I won't tell... my family has served the Wolf household for generations... I don't plan on stopping."
I smiled, "I'll make sure to remember you in my travels. A wolf promise."
Chip smiled, "Thanks Wolfie... don't die on me now... how would I tell my children about your legacy? If you need a place to hide or stay... I'm friends with others... just tell them that ol' Chip sent ya and they'll hide ya and provide shelter for you."
I grinned gratefully at the raccoon, "Once again, I'm always grateful."
"Before you go... I have a small request... may I see the wolf underneath?"
I don't trust others easily but he has done so much, therefore I have to repay him somehow.
I felt my magic cloak slide off my wolf body as Chip's eyes widened.
"V-violet? Is that you? I thought you were dead!"
"Huh?"
"I know those eyes anywhere... I used to help your Father with transporting wolves! My.... you look just like your Grandfather... sleek, black, and beautiful!"
I watched as he scurried up to me and took a good look at my body and patted my tail softly...tears pooled at the corners of his eyes.
"I've missed those days... do me a favor and sock that no good lion off the throne for me will ya? Show him who's the real King!"
I nodded and resumed to my fox disguise.
I walked away and waved Chip goodbye as I continued out of town.