Nightmares

“Violet! Hurry up! Mum wants us back by moondown!” Yelled Brass.
“okay! Just let me grab this yellow root!” I yelped as I pulled the foul smelling plant and took it in my jaws. It smelled horrible and made my eyes water and twitch at the stench. I ran beside my beloved brother and emerged into a small clearing shaded by the great oak trees surrounding us. We were greeted by Bolar and Spruce, two female wolves with deformity, Bolar had only one ear but could hear better than all of us, Spruce had two different colored eyes, left green, right brown. Wolves with this deformity was considered evil and full of bad luck. Bolar, was casted out of her pack when she was  only a newborn, she was found by Mum, who nursed her back to health. We considered each other sisters. Spruce, on the other hand, was also casted out of her pack because of her eyes. She wondered endlessly until I found her and brought her to Twig, one of my mum's friends. We have a mother-daughter like relationship. She considers me her mother.

Spruce licked my cheek,“Welcome home, Mother!”
“Hello Dear. How was hunting?”
She hopped around me, “Oh just wonderful!! Look what I caught!”
She pulled out a turkey. “This one was a fighter! But I took it down with a snap of it's neck! Grandfa said that he was impressed with my skills!!.”
“That's amazing Dear!”
“Mum? Can me and you share it since your back?”
I nodded and smiled at her. She jumped up with excitement and licked my side, then she sat beside her kill and beamed with pride.
I walked into Star's den and delivered her the foul root.
“Here's the yellow root!” I barked.
Star looked at me and smiled, “Thank you dear sister. I've been looking for this for awhile. How did you know that I was running out?”
“I have my ways.” I snickered. She growled playfully and pushed me out of her medical den.
I walked to Spruce and shared some turkey together. Ivy, a young grey pup born with only one eye which was the color of spring green grass, ran between my legs and cowered.
"What's wrong Ivy?" I asked.
"Rain won't stop nipping my tail!" She whined.

A smokey grey pup with pale light blue eyes bounded over blindly and bumped into my left hind leg.
"Rain, why are you biting Ivy?" I asked.
"Because I consider her as my guide! I'm sorry that I nipped you too hard Ivy, please forgive me!"
"Rain, you're forgiven!"
Rain started stumbling around my four legs trying to find her friend, "Ivy! Where are you? I'm blind remember!" Rain whimpered as she face-planted into the ground painfully.
"I'm here!" Piped Ivy as she nudged Rain's right rib gently. Rain nudged her back.
"Ivy! Rain!" Bolar yelped. Ivy and Rain ran over to Bolar and touched noses.
"Sister!! It's CrookedJaw! He wants to tell us a story!!" Yelled my brother from the Elder den. I scrambled over and laid down beside Brass and listened to the elderly pale black male wolf with ceder eyes as he started his story.

“ I was a young wolf in my late teens and the Pinepack and  Redpack were at each others throats once again in The Fog-Lands. I was with the Pinepack defending my Mage, Redmoon, who was healing our beta and needed protection. Of course I took action and stayed by her side. I became seperated as I fought three wolves, I finally saw Redmoon, fighting off another wolf. As I was running to her when I heard my Alpha howl-”
"Intruders!" I heard father howl.

Me and Brass sprinted out of the Elder's den to find complete chaos and discord. Enemies bursted through the front entrance and started attacking with claws and teeth. Blood was spilled everywhere! I ran imenditly to Star's den dodging the enemy here and there with breeze. Star was nowhere to be found. I started mixing yellow-wood, night-grass and blue-seeds making an invisibility serum of my own. I grabbed large amounts of Pollyleaf, redwood seeds, yellow root, yellow-wood, night-grass, bloodstems, blurberry and blue-seeds. I also nabbed the serums of liquid containing, barge-paste, lilydrops, hew-water, beet-stow, suger-water and all of the magical liquids and stuffed them inside my basket that I weaved out of oak bark. I grabbed a second basket for later and charged out full speed after I took a sip of my invisibility serum and dropped off my supplies and joined the battle. I still held onto the second basket as I zoomed around defeating and killing the enemies one by one.

A howl of pain tore through the air making my heart come to a complete stop. Spruce. No, not her!!! I raced to her side and found her defending against five enemies over Bolars' lifless body coated with blood. Ivy and Rain huddled close to their dead adoptive mother.
"Mum! Wake up!" Ivy nudged Bolar.
"Mum! It's not funny!! Please wake up!" Rain whimpered.
Suddenly, Spruce was thrown back and coughed up blood. Brass was with her and was also thrown back! 6 more enemies joined their little fight, surrounding them and giving nowhere to go. My magic wore off.
Seeing my friends and faimly barley hanging onto dear life as death surrounded them made something inside me start to rise. This feeling came from the depth of my soul and wanted to take over me.

The feeling...anger...revenge...lost...sadness, but the strongest of all... B L O O D L U S T. I wanted to spill their blood and drink it and eat their flesh. The feeling that has been long overdue. I welcomed the feelings and inner rage with open arms, letting my inner demons take control and become blood thirsty to the point that I can't take it no longer. No sooner than I let my inner demons loose, I felt pain spreading all over me down to my marrow. My bones started shift themselves underneath my pelt as I clinched my eyes shut.

As soon as I open them, I felt taller and stronger than steel, my eyes glowing gold with no pupil at all, my fur black as night, and my teeth and claws, sharper and longer than a sharks' and tigers' teeth. My inner demons have taken over...

Fought back with tremendous power that it sent my enemies dead within a single blow. Every turn I made, every swipe I took, every time I snarled and breathed. My claws met bodies, my teeth met bone, I faced another enemy, and only took in the sweet metallic scent of blood. I faced the last enemy with disgust and insanity. His shadow chuckled as he grew to my size. I snarled as I launched, only to meet empty air and dirt. I was suddenly pounded against a boulder repeatedly as claws grazed my under belly. I growled deeper and pushed him off and latched onto his back, trying to bite his windpipe. He whipped everywhere and shook me trying to get me off, but I held on and held on tighter and clawed his spine without mercy. Blood sprayed everywhere. He cocked his muzzle and ripped me from my death grip, threw me across the bloody clearing and charged at me. I twisted and dodged his oncoming attack and bit hard on his shoulder, crunching bone. He collapsed instantly.

I then broke one of the most absolute law of fighting: Never turn your back to your enemy.

He bit my shoulder, back leg and pounded on my ribs and threw me into the shadows. I broke...

The last thing I saw before I disappeared and collapsed was the horror stricken faces of my pack before they were slaughtered.

I found a lone tree on a cliff where I left my items and crawled to it.

I collapsed underneath the tree...

and cried.

“I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry.”

“I failed you.”

“I'm A L O N E.”