Noel kissed Queen's cheek and opened the front door. She handed me a card with her number on it. "Call me if you need anything." She said before slipping out the door. Queen sat in the middle of the floor looking clueless and upset. She was so confused as to why her mother just left her with a man she barely knows.

Monica dropped Miracle into my arms. "I have a nail appointment." Mo said grabbing her purse and keys.

"You're just gonna leave me with the kids?"

"Yup. I'll only be gone for two hours. Besides, I've been watching Miracle every since she's been home, it's your turn ." Mo blew me a kiss and skipped to her car.

I sighed then looked at Queen. She looked at me with her big brown eyes. "I'm hungry." She spoke shyly.

"What do you want? I got salad, fish-"

"I'm allergic to all seafood."

"Okay. Do you want pizza-"

"I'm allergic to tomatoes and tomato sauce."

"Well damn-"

"Don't cuss. It's a sin." Queen said full of sass.

"Aye. Look here little girl, this my house."

"And I live here now."

I shook my head at her. I just met her and she's already giving me a headache. "What do you want to eat?"

"Ummm. Steak."

"Steak?"

"Yup. Medium well please." She crossed her tiny legs and flipped her hair. I don't know who she think she is demanding me to cook steak when I barely know how to boil water.

"You eat McDonald's or are you allergic to that too?" I asked her.

She put her hand over her mouth and giggled. "I love McDonald's."

"Good. Let's go." I told her and picked up the keys to my Tahoe. I buckled Miracle into the car seat and jumped in the front. I made sure Queen had her seat belt on before pulling off onto the road.

While driving I gave Nick a call.

"Hello?"

"Sup. You at ya crib?"

"Yea." He said answered.

"Imma' come by there. I'll be there in 10." I said before hanging up. I haven't had a good conversation with my bro in awhile.

I pulled up to the McDonald's drive thru.

"I want a happy meal with apples!" Queen smiled showing her missing teeth.

I chuckled and ordered what she had asked for. I pulled up to the second window.

"Hey." The drive thru worker said smiling ear to ear.

"I'm pretty sure you don't get paid to smile in my face. Give me my damn food."

Her smile dropped. "Your total is $5.96."