Family Guy

(Queen)

King

"New addition? Excuse me what?" Monica asked with one eyebrow raised.

Noel stepped into the house.

"What's that bitch doing here!" Monica raised her voice.

"Please don't use that language in front of my kid. And can't we leave all of that beef we had between us in high school? We're grown women now. Act like it."

I saw Monica's eye twitching and I knew shit was about to get ugly.

"Alright ladies. Not here. Not now." I stopped whatever was about to occur."Now Mo. This little lady right here is Queen. My daughter."

"DNA test. Where is it?" Mo said and sat Miracle down.

"There isn't one."

"Then don't call her your daughter. You can't just claim random kids. I mean if this girl came from Noel you can't be so sure."

"Bitch what are you trying to say!?" Noel got offended.

"I just said not here. Not now. Don't start all of that arguing."

"Noel please get out of my house and take this little girl with you." Monica said.

"Noel. Stay. Have a stay on the couch." I told her and pulled Mo into another room. "What the fuck is your problem."

"My problem is you bringing random kids into our home! You don't even know-"

"Monica trust me. I know."

Mo sighed. "I was cool with one but now two? No. I refuse. I didn't sign up for this shit. I will not be a stay at home nanny. I will take care of my niece and that's it."

"Noel is dying of HIV. We don't have a choice but to take Queen in. I will not have my daughter put in a damn foster home. Whether you like it or not Queen stays!" I left Monica standing there looking dumbfounded. I understand that she's feeling some type of way but she is going to have to accept the fact that I have another child.

"Sorry about that." I said coming back into the living room. Queen and Noel were playing with Miracle.

"The baby is so pretty." Queen cooed. I chuckled.

"Well would you look at the time. I've got to get going." Noel stood up and smoothed her dress down. She handed me a Cinderella backpack. "Here. This is all of her clothes and shoes."

"This is it?" I asked her.

Noel sighed. "Yea. That was all I could afford."

"It's cool. I'll take her shopping later."

A tear ran down Noel's face and she hugged me tightly. "Thank you King."

"Don't have to thank me."

She let go of me and wiped her face. "I do."

"Mommy are we about to go?" Queen asked Noel.

"No baby. I gotta go. But you have to stay with daddy."

"But-"

"Queen listen, be a big girl okay? This is your home now."

"How long do I have to stay here?"

At this point Noel turned the water works on and tears were all over the place. Noel didn't say a word she just hugged Queen, not letting her go. "I love you Queen."

"I love you too mommy."

I watched as they had their moment. Mo stood to the side leaning against the wall watching as well.