Saying GoodBye

King

My leg shook as I waited patiently in the hospital waiting room. I knew my dad was already dead but the hospital thought they could save him.

I looked over at Nick and saw that he had a blank stare on his face. He was shook up. We mange to get out the house before the cops arrived. The nurses treated his bloody leg and also my wounded shoulder. We were just waiting patiently for the doctors to come out of that surgery room and give us the horrific news.

The sound of high heels began to get closer to me. I looked over my left shoulder and saw my mother. She was dressed in six inch red bottoms, a red Chanel dress that was fitted, and she wore her hair down. Why the hell would she come to the hospital all dressed up?

"Hey ma-"

"Don't King." She said giving me the hand.

"What? So I can't speak to you now?"

"I am very disappointed in you. First you run around in the streets selling illegal things then you try and hook up with that hoe Monica. I'm sorry this close to disowning you." Ma said with her eyes squinted at me.

"You don't have to call her out of her name."

"Now you're taking up for the bitch. Pathetic."

I chuckled slightly. "Okay Sheri."

She took a seat across from me and Nick. Staring me up and down with a look of disgust on her face. I honestly don't care what she thinks or has to say about me.

Time passed by. Forty minutes to be exact. I looked back over at Nick and still saw him looking into space with the same expression on his face. I sighed.

"Henderson." A doctor said coming into the waiting room.

We all stood except Nick. He still sat there looking lost.

"That's us." Ma said.

"Sadly to say-"

"He's dead?" Ma asked the doctor with a slight smile on her face.

The doctor sighed. "Yes."

"Well at least you tried." Mama said and grabbed her purse, putting it on her shoulder. She walked over to the elevator and got on. She was not affected by my father's death.

I really wasn't either, but I still felt hurt because that was my dad. Even though we weren't that close I had some type of love for him.

It also affected me because with my dad dying, I would have to get deeper into the game and take over his business.

Monica

"You ready for tonight?" Dorian asked coming into the kitchen with a robe on.

I stared out the kitchen window looking at the rain as it fell from the sky.

I sighed. "Yea."

"What's wrong? The rain got you gloomy?" Dori asked and fixed a cup of coffee.

"No. I'm fine." I told her.

"You sure?"

"Yea D."

"Okay good. We have a lot of things to do."

I listened as Dori began to ramble about all the things we had to do before tonight. I wasn't really paying attention. All I could think about was King.

I grabbed my phone and stared down at his number. Maybe I should call, maybe I shouldn't. Would he answer? Does he even wanna talk-

"Mo. You listening?" Dori asked.