Struck Out

Monica

The wind blew my hair every which way as I sat outside catching up on homework that I forgot to do.

It was my lunch period but I didn't bother eating that cafeteria food.

I bit on the end of my pen thinking about this complicated math problem I was trying to solve.

"The answer is 177." A voice said.

I looked up and saw that Romeo was there.

"How do you know?"

"I'm smart like that." He smirked and popped the collar of his shirt.

"Boy please."

"Hey, don't get me wrong, I may act dumb but I'm smart. Very smart."

I laughed. "Thanks." I told him as I wrote the answer down.

"No problem. If you ever need tutoring hit me up."

"I'll think about it." I said and continued to do my work.

Romeo still stood there. "I almost didn't recognize you."

"And why is that?"

"You went from being red-headed and cute to being black-headed and fine as hell."

"Well thank you." I said amused by his compliment. It made my cheeks get hot a little.

The bell rung signaling my lunch period was over and I needed to get to 6th hour.

"Well that's my bell." I stood up from the bench and collected my books and pencils.

"Can I walk you to class?"

"Sure."

Romeo and I walked back inside the building. We turned on my hallway. I looked up and saw Noel and King holding hands and walking.

As they passed me Noel bumped my shoulder roughly causing me to shift back.

"Aye Noel watch where yo' ass going." Romeo said.

"Strike three." I said under my breath and dropped my books in the middle of the hallway.

I turned around heading straight for Noel.

"Mo where you going? Yo' class this way." I heard Romeo say.

I grabbed the back of Noel's shirt and turned her around so that she was facing me.

"Do you have a problem with me or something? If you do you need to solve it." I asked all in her face.

"Oh I'm sorry. Let me solve the problem real fast." She spit in my face. "You had a lil' something right there. Problem solved." She smiled and started walking back with King.

I wiped my face and cracked my knuckles. I charged at her pushing her into the lockers.

I put my hand on the back of head and slammed her face into the lockers repeatedly. There was now a dent in the locker and blood covered her face.

She grabbed a handful of my hair and started pulling it.

I sent my fist into her face punching her with all I had.

"Break it up ladies, break it up." A teacher said trying to stop us.

I was able to get my hair out of her hands. I pushed Noel on the ground and started kicking her with my Timberland boot.