Chapter 7

At the sound of that, Ethan's face beamed. He squeezed Tyler's hand, realizing that he was holding it, making Tyler look down. He took a few steady breaths, trying to remain calm. 

    "So that's why you were acting weird, huh?" Ethan asked, grinning softly. Tyler raised his eyebrows, still staring at their hands intertwined. Ethan chuckled. "I guess that's a yes." Tyler raised his head up, looking at Ethan.

    "Huh?" He inquired, regaining his train of thought. Ethan rolled his eyes, trying to hide his smile. "I'm confused." Tyler continued. Ethan turned towards him.

    "Of course you are, you've been staring at our hands for the past ten minutes." He stated, slightly lifting his and Tyler's intertwined hands. Tyler glanced down at their hands, then looked back up at Ethan.

    "I like this better then ice cream..." Tyler mumbled shyly, glancing to his right. Ethan giggled.

    "I do too. Ice cream's a close second though, you got some competition." He joked. Tyler chuckled and turned back to Ethan, maintaining eye contact.

    "I'll fight ice cream. You're mine." He stated proudly, unable to hide his smile. Ethan blushed deeply, and looked down.

    "That I am." He responded quietly, a small smile on his lips. Tyler lifted Ethan's head and pointed forward.

    "The line's gone, come on!" He announced joyfully. Ethan gasped happily and rushed over to the counter, taking Tyler along with him. He stood on his toes, attempting to seem taller then he was. 

    "Remember, you promised me a triple scoop." Ethan explained, looking at the ice cream. Tyler chuckled to himself, admiring the small male's antics.

    "Hello, what would you like?" A woman asked. Ethan looked up, and smiled happily.

    "We'll just get a triple scoop of vanilla and one scoop of strawberry please - absolutely no peanuts." Tyler replied, smiling thankfully. The woman nodded, and opened the glass. She took two bowls out and scooped the ice cream into each, counting the scoops quietly. She shut the glass and Tyler placed some money on the counter. The woman smiled and handed Tyler the two bowls. "No peanuts, right?" He asked. The woman nodded slightly, giggling at Ethan's response of him rolling his eyes.

 "Thank you very much. Come on Ethan." Tyler thanked, gesturing to a table. Ethan nodded quickly and followed Tyler, taking a seat in the booth across from him. Ethan smiled as Tyler sat down. Tyler set down Ethan's bowl in front of him, and reaching for two spoons, also handing one to Ethan. 

    "Thank you, my good man." Ethan stated, taking a bite of his ice cream. Tyler lifted his eyebrows, grinning a bit.

    "You're welcome, Mr. Nestor." He retaliated. Ethan swallowed, surprised. He looked at Tyler, who seemed pretty proud of himself. 

    "Hey, we aren't married yet." Ethan laughed. Tyler turned his head at those words.

    "'Yet?'" He asked, taking a bite of his own ice cream. Ethan glanced up at him before eating more of his ice cream. Ethan nodded. 

    "No one knows what the future holds." He responded. Tyler blushed and smiled slightly.

    "Planning our future already, are ya?" He inquired, watching Ethan. Ethan cheerfully looked at Tyler.

    "Maybe. Now eat your ice cream, it's melting faster then you are over me, if that's even possible." He teased. Tyler leaned back in his seat, scrunching up his nose.

    "I am, blueberry boy." He stated, pulling his bowl towards him. Ethan giggled. He took a few more bites, just enjoying Tyler's presence. This was nice. Tyler looked up, noticing Ethan staring at him. 

    "Hey, blueberry." He whispered happily. Ethan smiled softly.

    "Hey, Ty." He whispered back. They sat there like that for a few minutes, until they decided to leave. They stood up, first Tyler, then Ethan, and walked out the door, waving goodbye the the woman. They walked into the sunlight, and Ethan sighed.

    "It's nice to be outside, isn't it?" He asked, staring at the sky. Tyler nodded.

    "Yeah. Hey, wanna take a walk?" Tyler inquired, looking at Ethan. Ethan turned his head towards Tyler, nodding.

    "I'd like that." He responded. Tyler laughed, and took Ethan's arm. They began walking, taking in their surroundings. They enjoyed the comfortable silence between them.

    "Isn't that the old playground you used to hang out at?" Tyler asked, breaking the silence. Ethan looked in front of him.

    "Oh yeah!" He exclaimed.

    "Well, come on!" Tyler announced, dragging Ethan along as he rushed towards the playground. Ethan laughed loudly, running with him. They made it onto the playground, and Ethan looked around, remembering his childhood. He sighed quietly, reminiscing. He turned when he felt a tug on his arm.

    "There. Is. A. Slide." Tyler stated. Ethan grinned widely.

    "It's a double slide too! Let's go!" Ethan yelled, running with Tyler to the slide. They climbed on top of the slide, and each sat down.

    "Race ya." Tyler challenged. Ethan nodded eagerly.  They assumed their positions, and then began to slide. They both yelled playfully as they slid. Tyler cheered as he made it to the end first.

    "Hold on, I wanna do it again." Ethan stated, climbing back up the slide. Tyler sat down in front of the slide, watching Ethan. Ethan sat down and looked at Tyler. He smiled slyly. He slid down, and tackled Tyler once he reached the bottom. Tyler laughed loudly, rolling over and tickling Ethan. Ethan gasped for air. 

    "Ty! Ty! Stop!" He shouted between laughs. Tyler giggled and sat up, allowing Ethan to catch his breath. Ethan sat up as well, and smiled at Tyler. "I think we should get going." He finished, trying to resume his normal breathing pattern. Tyler nodded in agreement. He stood up, and helped Ethan up as well. Then Tyler took Ethan's arm once more, and they began to walk back onto the path.