Chapter 25: Different Love

Later that day, it was time for the ladies to gather in front of the hall for their photoshoot. Ri Na and Yuri stood close to Soo Yeon as they protected her; now that the both of them knew that Soo Yeon was pregnant. But what they didn't knew was, the baby belonged to King Tae Jo.

"How are you feeling?" Ri Na asked as they walked in a row towards the hall with their class.

"Much better...Usually I feel worse in the morning." Soo Yeon explained.

"Who would have thought? Maybe at our next off day you could introduce us to your boyfriend?" Yuri squealed happily as she was dying to know who was the father of Soo Yeon's child.

"You're still into that?" Ri Na scolded.

"What? You're curious too aren't you?" She defended herself as she retaliated.

Soo Yeon felt guilty as she walked together with her two friends. What would be their reaction if they knew she and King Tae Jo were an item? How would King Tae Jo react if he knew she had his baby? Suddenly Soo Yeon couldn't wait to meet King Tae Jo to tell him the good news.

"The top students will stand at the front row with Court Lady Kim, Court Lady Han, and Court Lady Sun. The second row would be the juniors and the third row would be the seniors. After that we will change the formation to each individual classes." Jong Suk instructed as the ladies shifted in to their position.

Soo Yeon stood beside Court Lady Sun at the front row and they had to stand very still so that Jong Suk would be able to draw perfectly. Soo Yeon and Jong Suk's eyes locked with one another for a few seconds; and Jong Suk gave her a soft smile. He quickly looked away when he felt the gaze of Court Lady Sun at him. 

By the time the portraits were finish drawing; it was already night time. The ladies of Damiwon Palace sat around the table along with Jong Suk sitting beside Soo Yeon as they enjoyed their dinner. Some of the ladies stared at the both of them as Jong Suk gave Soo Yeon a drumstick.

"You've worked hard today." He smiled gently, not realising that everyone was staring at them.

"T-thank you..." Soo Yeon said as she lowered her gaze shyly. 

"Well, I shall share a toast to congratulate all of you whose hard work had paid off! You girls deserve to be where you are today!" Court Lady Kim stood up slowly and raised her cup of wine. 

"Cheers!" The ladies returned the toast excitedly and drank it down.

"I didn't know you don't drink, Soo Yeon ah." Jong Suk commented when he saw Soo Yeon pushing the cup away. 

"O-oh...I want to study for later so it's best for me not to drink." Soo Yeon was flustered and quickly thought of an excuse.

"You shouldn't give yourself so much stress." Jong Suk said in concern. "Ah, you have a day off tomorrow right? I have a place I wish to bring you there." He continued and Soo Yeon was surprised.

Overhearing their conversation, Yuri quickly added in, "Ah...are you going on a date without me? How could you Jong Suk oppa...Take care of me as well!" 

"Yuri ah, you are certainly drunk!" Ri Na said as she shook her head in embarrassment. "Pardon her, Jong Suk oppa. You go on ahead with your date, Soo Yeon."

"No!! I want to go on a date with Jong Suk oppa as well! It's unfair Soo Yeon's getting all the attention just because she's preg..." Yuri complained and Ri Na quickly pushed in a bunch of vegetables in her mouth before she could spill the secret.

"Just eat this you!!!" 

"Ah...aigoo...you're making me blush, Yuri-ssi..."Jong Suk chuckled as he was flustered.