Ch.3-Courtney's Note

Beep! Beep! Beep! I hit my alarm clock and it falls off my nightstand. "Time for work." I mumble to my myself as I go to get ready.
A half an hour later, I walk out to my car to see that Courtney's car is already gone. We only still live together because my living situation isn't the best.
I get to work and sit down at my desk putting my back pack down on the floor next to me. Mari comes up behind me, "what's up (Y/N)?"
"Tired, and just trying to ignore certain people."
"Oh, okay. Well, I wanted to ask a favor. I wanted to upload a video to my channel and I was wondering if you can edit it?"
"Sure, just send me the footage."
"Okay, great." Mari says as she walks over to the Smosh games room.
Dayna turns her chair. "Who're you trying to ignore?"
I sigh, "Courtney."
"Does she know?" Dayna asks.
"Nope. But she knows it has something to do with Smosh. She is probably going to pull me out of work to go and talk again."
Joe Bereta comes over to us, "hey ladies, (Y/N) here is a note for you. Take care, and get to work."
I open the note. "I told you she was going to bother me." I say to Dayna showing her the note.
Dear (Y/N),
Hey (Y/N), we need to talk. Plus I just want to talk to you, you're my sister okay. We're shooting sleepover in ten minutes. It's on the other side of the building but please come and talk to me. I'm not sure what's going on but I want to know.
-Courtney
"I got to walk all the way to the other side of the building."
"Why?"
"She is shooting sleepover, so that's where I have to go." I said about to take off.
"Hope you don't run into Shayne!" Dayna shouted as I left.
I've only been to that area of the building once or twice. It's the area where they shoot all of their videos for Smosh 2nd channel and Smosh main. It was definitely a long walk that I could-- "hey!"
"Oh sorry (Y/N), do you mind if I walk with you? I'm late to a shoot I got to do." Shayne said as I ran into him.
Great. I run into Shayne someone I didn't want to see, but someone who I love to see. "Are you on your way to film sleepover?" I ask.
"Yeah! Are you?" Shayne asks me.
"Umm.. not exactly. Courtney sent me another message to come and talk to her over there. But I'm not actually in the video though."
"You should stay and watch it."
"Really?"
"Yeah, you can see what we do behind the scenes. It would be fun."
"Yeah but uh, I got to edit. Mari put another video on my list of videos to edit."
"You'll have time to get it all done, just come and do something fun and different. Please?"
He is begging for me to watch him? That's weird? Why are we walking and talking together? Does he like me? Should I go and watch them film? I guess it would be fun? So why not? "Okay, I'll watch you guys film."
"Sweet! Oh and by the way, I'm not sure if you saw or not but I sent you a follow request on Instagram."
He mentioned the follow request. Did he do it because he was into me? Why is he mentioning it? Why do I keep asking myself so many questions! "I thought I followed you back?"
"Maybe you did, I'm not really sure. But I thought I would mention it." Shayne said as we arrived at the set of sleepover and he walked away from me without saying goodbye.
"There you are, what took you so long?" Courtney said as she came up to me.
"I walked all the way across the building, that's what took so long. But what's up? Why do you want to talk?"
"Can we talk about yesterday?"
"What about yesterday? I don't really remember anything about yesterday?"
"Seriously? (Y/N) come on, you're hiding your secret from me."
She is calling it a secret now? When was it ever a secret?! I guess when you have a crush on somebody it's usually a secret. I mean, I don't know, do I tell her? Or do I listen to Dayna and not say anything? I don't know which to do! "The only person who knows is Dayna. And it's going to stay that way."
"Who's Dayna?" Courtney asks.
"Really? Do you not know who edits your videos?"
"Not exactly."
"Well, Dayna edits your videos. And she is a good friend of mine. Like such a good friend she wouldn't hide anything from me ever."
"Okay whatever, just tell me! Please!?"
Shayne walks over to us. "Tell you what?"
"Umm.." I panic, was he listening to us the full time! I need to leave. But I promised Shayne I would stay! What do I do! "Nothing, sorry but I can't stay. My friend Dayna needs help editing her video. She is having issues with it so I need to help her so uh, bye." I say as I run off with a red face.
Oh no, I bet you I just looked like a tomato the full time. I'm so embarrassed. I can never tell Courtney about Shayne!
I get back to the office and sit in my chair with my head on my desk. Mari is siting in a chair next to me eating a banana. "Is she okay?" Mari asks Dayna.
"She is upset at Courtney because she doesn't want her figuring out about," Dayna pauses and leans and close and whispers, "Shayne."
Mari whispers as well, "what about Shayne?"
"She likes him."
"What!" Mari says as they're still whispering.
"I have a crush on him okay! I think is cute and I don't want Courtney figuring out about it. I think she will soon but she keeps trying to talk to me about my secret. Which it's not even technically called a secret either. Then Shayne and I walked over to the set of sleepover together and I think he was listening to my conversation with Courtney the full time and knows I have a secret." I say whispering.
I take a deep breath. Their eyes are both wide. All that comes out of Mari's mouth is, "I still can't believe you like Shayne."
I put both hands on my face stressed out. "Can I just leave work early and pretend like I'm sick?"
"Nope, you're staying here with the rest of us." Dayna said.
"Yeah, and you still need to edit my video which by the way, I emailed you all the footage too."
"I'll get to it in a second. I just need to sit for a second."
Wes comes over to us. We all look up at him. "Hey, I hope I'm not interrupting anything here?" Wes asks.
"No, you're not." I say.
"Okay good. Well Mari, we need you in the Smosh games room to come and film and episode of Grand Theft Smosh."
"Okay, i will be right there." Mari says as Wes leaves to the Smosh games room.
"Got to go, you better finish that video today okay."
"Got it." I said.
"No Shayne, yes work." Dayna said.
But I want Shayne and not work... oh well.

After work back at (Y/N) and Courtney's house...

I was under my blankets listening to my favorite song as of course, Courtney knocks on my door. "Can I come in, please?"
"Real quick."
She opens the door slowly. "Are you crying?"
"No." I said as I turn over.
"I hate to break it to you but uh, I think I know your secret."
"What!" I say siting up quickly pulling my headphones out of my ears.
"I know you like Shayne."
And everything strangely felt silent.