"It itches a lot." The thought of it brings back the itch that I want to go away and it bothers me inside that I can't even scratch it. This was going to be torture. I lie back down and stare up blankly.

"I'm sorry this happened to you."

"It's not your fault."

"I know. And I'm sorry that I wasn't around today. Malcolm was feeling down a lot for what he did and I didn't want to leave him alone."

It puzzles me that he would feel that sad for the whole day. So sad that it made her not want to hang out with me. It wasn't like I almost died. I just fell into poison ivy. Nothing life threatening happened for him to be as sad as he claimed to be.

"I understand," Is all I can think of to say.

"You're not still mad at me, are you?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"So can I ask you a serious question, then?"

I look over at her and she is looking down and picking at the corner of her sleeping bag.  I tell her yes and wait for her to speak. Hesitation is all over her face and I grow even more curious. I didn't know if what was going to come out of her mouth would be bad or good.

"Brianna?" I call out. It had grown way too quiet between us and it was making me anxious.

"Do you think Malcolm and I will last?" She asks. "Or do you think it's just a short term thing?"

I am stumped by her question. I honestly had no idea of what to say. Did I think they would last? Was it just short term between them? Things between them happened so fast and their relationship had escalated in just a matter of days. But that didn't mean that they weren't going to be short term. I didn't know exactly how strong their relationship was because Brianna rarely ever talked to me about him.

Plus, it doesn't help that he's not really on my good side. Malcolm is a weird guy, but he does seem to like Brianna in some way. When they are together, they seem to be happy with each other. Despite him being a little odd, he did seem to like her.

I found myself lost on what to say. Did I think Brianna could do better? Yes, I did. But that wasn't the question that I was asked.

"I think if you both really want to, you could make the relationship last." I finally say.

"Sometimes I think he's really into me and then other times I think the complete opposite," She confesses. "But whenever I ask him about it he gets totally defensive so I drop it."

"He shouldn't do that to you. And if something is really bothering you, he should be willing to listen."

"That's what I thought, too. But I guess since he's still with me he does really like me."

"Maybe. But if you feel like you have to hold back in your relationship all of the time, then maybe it's not the right relationship."

"It's not like that. He just gets offended that I would even suggest that he doesn't like me." She quickly says and I stop myself from sighing aloud. She is doing it again. Finding excuses to justify his actions. "Overall, I really do like Malcolm, Zuri. I think we will go far."

"If you are happy with him and he makes you as happy as you say he does, then don't let anyone come in between that. Not even me."

"Once you get to know him a bit more you will like him, too." She says with hopeful eyes. "Or at least I hope you will."