Chapter Four: The Gift

A week later...

Since the day the four friends found the dragon eggs there lives changed. At school there marks unexpectedly glowed giving them a sign to go back to their dragons. Every day when their marks glowed, they went back to the mysterious world and they would explore the land and train their dragons.  After school, the four friends would go to the library and look things up about dragons. One thing they found is that it would take a week until the dragon's training would be over. Once the week was over, not only did the dragon stop training, but it also gave its owner a gift.

Isabella and Jaycee were in Spanish class during fourth period. They were quizzing each other on some vocabulary words when unexpectedly there marks started to glow. No one could see it but themselves. Isabella exclaimed, "You know what that means."

Jaycee replied, "I sure do." After the long school day ended Jaycee and Isabella walked up to the woods and went to the very spot where it all started. They put their marks to the ground and disappeared.

Mathew asked when he saw Jaycee and Isabella appear, "Well what took so long!"

Gabrielle added, "Yeah! It took you guys five minutes!"

 Isabella replied, "Sorry. I don't have my drivers linsence yet."

Mathew stated, "But Jaycee does."

"We didn't think about that."

Jaycee said to Mathew, "Sorry."

Mathew replied. "It's okay. We need to call our dragons." The four friends stood next to each other and put their hands to the sky. One by one their marks started to glow. Once they glowed they said there dragon's name.

Isabella said, "Blu!"

Jaycee exclaimed, "Blizzard!"

Gabrielle shouted, "Eclipse!"

Mathew stated, "Spark!" Their marks stopped glowing, and their dragons flew through the sky and landed in front of their owner. Spark walked over to Mathew and touched his mark with his nose. Mathew started to glow red and then went back to normal. All of a sudden somehow, Mathew new that he got the gift. He could now shoot lava out of his hands and could touch fire or lava without getting hurt. His dragon could do the same. Eclipse did the same to Gabrielle. She now could create storms, hide in shadows, and control lightning just like her dragon. Blizzard went over and touched Jaycee. Jaycee could now shoot ice out of her hands and could turn invisible. Her dragon also had these powers. Blu went over to Isabella and too touched her mark. Isabella could now touch water without getting wet, breath under water, and could control water. Yet again her dragon had the same powers.

Each friend had to get used to their powers and learn how to control them. Jaycee, Mathew, Gabrielle, and Isabella all told each other what their gift was and what they could do. They all went home unsure of what to do. They were scared, for tomorrow was a school day. They knew they had to learn how to control their powers, but how? What if something goes wrong in class? Will they go to jail? Will the army be involved? Will people find out there secret? Or even worse, will people find their dragons?!