24; the big day.

it's sunday, the big day for tyler.

it was their school's basketball team, the wildcats versus the grizzly bears, sunhill high school's basketball team.

tyler was the 'captain' of the team you could say, he was one of the best players in the team, and all of the members respected him and looked up to him.

he could hear the cheers and all of the noise that was happening in the local gymnasium, where the match would be happening. he was sure that his friends would all be there, sitting on the bleachers and cheering for him. he smiled at the thought of that, chuckling a bit.

''okay ladies, let's gather around.'' his coach said, holding his notepad and standing at the middle of the room. all of the players did as he said and put their hands together while forming a circle.

the coach was talking but tyler wasn't paying much attention; he has done this a thousand times before and he always says the same stuff. 'be consistent, be strong, and do your best.'

''welcome, everyone to this week's match!'' the announced said loudly in the microphone. ''today will be the final match between the wildcats and the grizzly bears, and i'm sure everyone is very eager and curious to see who wins!''

tyler took a deep breath as he heard the announcer call their team, and walked out with the rest of the team. everyone screamed and cheered, the basketball team only waved back. what assholes.

as the other team came out, the cheers weren't as loud, and you could hear some boo's from the audience. probably from greenfield high students.

tyler looked at the crowd anxiously, looking for the familiar faces of his friends. he calmed instantly when he saw craig, who was smiling widely and had a greenfield high cap on (he was also holding a can of something, probably alcohol, even though he wasnt allowed to bring any), evan and jon, who had their arms linked and were chanting 'wildcats' over and over, brock and brian, who were making out, and david, lui, and marcel who were all cheering and screaming.

''let the games begin!" the announced exclaimed and everyone screamed. the players got in the arena and warmed up for a bit. after they finished they got in position. tyler took a shaky breath and looked at the player of the other team's eyes. he had shitty eyes, honestly.

a whistle was blown and the game began.

every one was watching intensely, as the players ran around chasing the ball and trying to get it in the other team's hoops.

the game's suddenly at 33-34, with the wildcats being one point behind the grizzly bears.

tyler had only one chance to make this free shot, or else the team would lose and the blame would be on him. needless to say, tyler was shitting himself.

he stood across the hoop, the ball in his hands and anxiety running through his body. it felt like nobody was talking and it was complete silence, but it was only tyler's head messing with him.

he sucked a breath and lifted his arms above his head, ready to shoot.

suddenly he heard a voice yell at him, ''tyler i love you!''

''huh?'' he turned his head to see who it is and messed up his shot, the ball hitting the metal hoop and coming back full force, hitting tyler square in the face.

he died.

~th3 3nd~