Realization

Chandini POV

My spirits are high up and nothing could hamper it for next 15 days. Because I have everything sorted out. I love Arjun, so I am going to ensure that next few days my maximum time will be spent with him. Leaving way for Arjun's revenge is going to leave that dunce broken and also my stupid wedding will be cancelled with him. And to top it all realizing that I only have 15 days with me, I learned to let go my fears and embrace people, at least who love me senselessly.

I wonder how bestowed I should be, for some random strangers to love me whole heartedly. Be it Kavya, Jiju or Anu di. None are my blood relations yet everyone treat me as their own and safeguard me like a baby. Adi, I haven't socialized with him but even he cares for me if not he would not have confronted his friend. Arjun, for now I don't want to ponder on his feelings or his opinion on me. I love him that is all enough for me now.

Yesterday night when Jiju spoke with me, I can see the concern etched for me in his eyes. The way he took me out to portico not to make me uncomfortable by intruding my personal space in room , the way he never pressurized me to open up about my issue, above all - the way he loves his Mithu. Everything made me to trust him. When we were about to call of the day I outstretched my entire medical report copy which I would always carry around with me, as per Kavya's insistence. He for a minute taken back but that was a truce between us that I trust him.

I never realized I was holding my breath until he gave me that assurance smile after analyzing my reports. The report holds it all, everything from the day I was admitted to hospital even the fact that I was sexually harassed .He didn't cringe for even a moment, though his face held various emotions, nothing was near to disgusting or hatred.He didn't judge me for being a harassment victim.

Taking my hands between his palms he assured me "You are brave Chandini, just like your Di. Your recovery and improvement graph is good. Remember I am here for you whenever you need someone to talk about, talk about anything, about anyone. And I will not share this with your Di until you yourself decide to open up"

I know what he meant.He indirectly assured me he will be my secret keeper. If back then I trusted him, now I felt myself as a part of his family. I nodded my head not dreading to open my mouth, which may reveal my shaky state. He was pleasantly surprised when today morning I greeted him as Jiju and it did not even take him a second to address me as Pari. Their Pari.Just like Di, between me and him nothing needed to be voiced out, it felt natural like I am his saali for years... He didn't let me go to my home alone to bring my painting tools here, he had this brotherly shield out in front to safeguard me. Being a weekend, Di and Jiju compelled me to spend the day with them, so now I am here painting one of their cute moments and the love birds are cribbing around each other.

"No,no,no ,not anymore I am sharing my delicious halwa with you" Anu Di cribbed annoyingly at Jiju.

Jiju was no less "One more spoonful Mithu, it's so tasty "he was about to grab the cup of halwa from her but she dodged him and ran to where I stood admiring the painting, I just completed that depicted their love.

"You should not have emptied your portion as soon as you made it, now I am not sharing my portion with you "saying this she reached me and fed a spoonful of halwa.

"Hey this is not fair you cannot share it with me but can share it with pari uh?" he reached us annoyingly and stood stupefied looking at my painting. Di's eyes averted to my painting seeing him staring something.

Suddenly I was engulfed in a hug from both side.

"Pari it's awesome" Jiju commented smiling wildly.