Lonely Her

"When you lose your parents as a child, you are indoctrinated into a club, you re taken into life's severest confidence. You are undeceived."

   -Hilary Thayer Hamann

****

KINGSFORD SMITH AIRPORT, Sydney:

"Chandini, be safe don't forget to take your medicines and behave properly. I know media in India doesn't know you at face level but still I don't want to have any hindrance to Pradeep because of you. It's been 6 years you have been to that place so don't loiter around alone. Always take Kavya with you" Buaji's stern voice raised my anxiousness. I just bobbed my head to all her warnings.

"I'll be there before your 21st Birthday and yea you will be staying in Pradeep's guest house with Kavya. Everything has been taken care by Pradeep."

His name alone is enough to give me creeps. It's been after 6 years am going to India and 3 years I saw that evil face of his. The fact that I am not going to stay in Dhore Mansion is a big relief for me.

"Remember yours and Pradeep's Marriage will happen on your birthday bash." She said with a straight face.

Seriously? How can she do this to me even after knowing all his deeds and his nature? I have argued my best with her. All she says is that , "Believe in me, everything is for good". Yeah good, but for her and her business empire.

All I feel is hatred for that guy,and hatred is an easy word for my feelings. I never loved to hate someone this much. I wish Mother Earth could swallow me up right at this moment. But yeah neither my life nor my death will be as per my wish.

I cannot get myself to say a NO to her, I know this is not morally right but yet I feel indebted towards her so I kept quiet, just for her. When almost 6 years back, on the demise of Mr and Mrs .Dhore when I was left all alone in the clutches of Pradeep, she was the one who has taken me under her wings. Buaji, who initially hated me was the reason am still alive today.

I wandered my eyes to look for Kavya Joshi, my only peace of mind, my friend, my body guard. She is the only one who keeps me sane and going.

When that guy and Buaji introduced her to me before 5 years as my body guard I was apprehensive. Well I don't need one for me but they were adamant and I know the reason they were insisting for one. As days progressed I got used to her.

There she is walking towards me with my boarding pass and a small smile. What am I supposed to without her by my side? At least am happy that she will be near me when that creep is around.

"Kavya you remember everything I said right? Be with her always and make sure she is safe "Buaji gave Kavya her set of instructions.

"Sure madam. Chandini will be under my RADAR. You don't need to worry. Chandini its time to board our flight. Shall we?" she gestured towards me

Nodding my head towards buaji, as a sign of bye I walked with Kavya to meet my doomsday in India, the day am going to marry that creep. Is it really going to happen to me?

"Seems like someone is happy to reach India. I know that can be not because of Pradeep?"

"I don't know Kavya, seems like something good is awaiting in India. I am just going with the flow"

Hours later, somewhere between SYDNEY – INDIA, Kavya sleeping peacefully beside me, I let sleep delude into sleep.

***

"Maa, don't leave me .Please I will be a good girl. I will not ask for daddy"

"Chandini, be a brave girl and accept the fact my hours are counted. We cannot fight our destiny can we? Don't be afraid I have called your Guardian Mr.Dhore, he was my friend, he will be here to take you. He promised me that you will be well taken care of, you will live with him and his family"

"But maa, I don't want him .I don't know who he is .I just want you by my side" 13 year old Chandini was weeping by her mother's bed

"I love you Chandini"

"Where are we going? Can't we just go to my home."

"No Chandini, now that your mom is no more here we are going to my home. You will have me ,My wife and son with you."

Standing behind the tall figure of Mr.Dhore, I can see the hard face of Mrs.Dhore. She doesn't like me to be a burden in their home. Who will like if an orphan has been suddenly taken under their wings? She gives me a nod and asking the house help to show me my room, she leaves for her room

"Namaste Madam! I am Chandini."

She gives me a curt nod and look towards Mr.Dhore, her brother. Seeing his looks on me she clears her throat and says "Chandini you can call me as Buaji too, just like Pradeep does"

I have an inkling that very instant me and she can never hit off together.

"Hey Baby girl" I can hear the shrill voice of Pradeep from my room's doorway

Some odd reasons though he acts sweet with me, I am not comfortable with him.

"Bhaiya call me Chandini and not baby girl .I am 13 years now"

"Though your name suits your beauty ,You will always be my baby girl , and dare not say me as your Bhaiya."

I can't help but nod at his hard face. Pinching my cheeks, lingering his fingers on my face longer than needed he vacates the room

I was always the unwelcomed guest in the Dhore household except for Pradeep .He is the one who will drop me and pick me up from school on the way to his office. Call that a girl's instinct, I never felt safe with him .But he is 12 years elder to me and son of Mr and Mrs.Dhore. I just can't go to them and epress my uneasiness with me saying he is kissing me and tickling me often. After all he is the eye of Buaji and Mrs.Dhore. A word against him and I will not have a roof over my head.

"Bhaiya, what are you doing? Leave me, it's hurting."

"Baby girl don't make me angry at you. I said do not call me Bhaiya", saying this he roughly pushed me to bed and started nearing me. He is heavily drunk and hearing footsteps of someone he left the room giving a warning to not utter this to anyone.

***

(A/N)

Insight of Arjun and Chandini's past will be in Italics.You have Arjun and Chandini pic in the media of part 1 and part 2

So how is this Part ? Why does Buaji wants to marry off Chandini to Pradeep with an age gap of 12?And what about Pradeep activity towards Chand during her childhood?

Leave your reviews to let me know what you think about this story!

~Rami<3