Happy Family

Chandini POV:

"Where are you taking me Arjun? Let me sleep "I woke up from my deep slumber when I sensed being lifted in arms, his arms.

"Shhh go back to sleep. I am not kidnapping you Basanti "he drawled a laugh at my sleepy state and secured my seat belt.

"Arjunnnn I don't mind even if you kidnap me "I squealed seeing his stance fixated on me.

"I love it when I get to hear your voice calling me, it assures am having you near me Basanti "he cupped my face and planted chaste kiss on crown.

"I am not even dressed Arjun, where are we going?" I demanded answer when he handled car with an ease, a sight I loved to watch. The way his fist having a grip on gear which seeks out for my fingers in between, his mitt carelessly playing across the steering ,his eyes fleeting between road and the rear view mirror, the occasional, milli second glances he throw my way ,his lips humming the music that is stereo-ed in player.

That glance across me once again and then his husky voice "You don't have to dress up to meet our family Basanti .Everyone will love you more than me even if you are in your PJ's" he chuckled at end.

I could not help but get his tiny compliance that coated his words. He is happy, I am happy and now it's time for my family to be happy. The happy family I have imagined to be a part of.

"Did you let Di and others know Arjun ?" I asked now entirely out of sleepy mode with the excitement to meet them.

"Nope. I wanted you to see Di's reaction when her bachu is with her Pari. Didn't you mention that you missed seeing that moment?" he raised a brow towards me

I launched myself in his arms and stamped a kiss letting out 100 thank you's. There are some small moments in life that screams the love you have around us and this is one such moment.

"Arjun?" before I could finish my sentence he filled in for me.

"I had let Kriti know Basanti, you can call her once everything is settled here. Right now she must be busy with her boss "he winked at me zooming towards the busy roads in Mumbai after our short air travel.

"Arjun I haven't been taking any one of their calls since I was seriously upset by the way they treated you." I said looking down unable to voice out if am sad for him or for the way am ignoring everyone.

"Chand, you know right? I am happy by the way they have taken you in and they treat you with all the love they have. You should not do that to them. I am upset but am okay. After all they are our family. Everyone do mistakes you should talk to them "he said looking straight in my eyes ,while I was confused with his words.

"Arjun do you think am worried because of not talking to them? I cannot stay put like that for a single day. If not for your visit yesterday I would have called them before night. You came and then I got distracted missing all their calls. I am right now worried that what if they are upset on me for not taking calls."

He gave me a look that screamed "Are you even serious?" and huffed pointing out "As if that's gonna even happen at all. You are their pyarri Pari and darling choti. "

I could not help chuckle at his sarcastic remark. "Is someone jealous that am more loved ?" he tried to keep a stoic am not affected look and terribly failed asking aloud "How come they even love you more than me?"

"That's my charm ,charmer"

Our conversation was abruptly put to hold when his mobile rang, he motioned the screen towards me. Di was in call.