230: Accidental

Requested by Elina_Soma

Budo Masuta x Uekiya Engeika:

Budo smiled a little as he stood in the gardening club, waiting for his girlfriend Uekiya. She said she had something to give to him. He smiled when he saw her leaving the gardening club shed. She was carrying something that looked like a tray of brownies, which surprised him.
"Hey. I was given these, and thought you would like to try some. They taste ok, but they have this weird side effect that makes the consumer stronger. They might help you win your big martial arts competition on Saturday." She said, shrugging her shoulders. She had clearly tried one, and looked stronger than she used to. She held them out to him, silently offering him one. Not once did it cross his mind that the brownies may have been drugged and filled with steroids. He took one and ate it with a small smile.
"These are really good, I might have to take some for before the competition." He said. She made a small laugh as she held the tray out to him still, silently offering him the brownies. "Really, wow. Thank you Uekiya." He gave her a smile as he took the tray from her. She ran and got him a large sandwich bag that he could store the brownies in when they weren't being eaten.
"No problem babe." She gave him a smile, walking over to him and giving him a kiss on the cheek. He laughed a little, putting his arms around her and kissing her passionately. She kissed her boyfriend back with a smile.

That weekend, Uekiya found herself sat in her front room watching a documentary. She knew Budo was at his martial arts competition, but wasn't going herself. She hated seeing him fighting other people, even if it wasn't going to seriously injure him. She didn't expect to receive a knock on her door. She got up and opened it, expecting one of the gardening club members to come over and surprise her. She didn't expect to see Budo at the door. He looked grumpy and upset.
"What's wrong, sweetie?" Uekiya asked when she saw him. He walked into her house and collapsed on to her sofa. He looked like he was about to cry. She sat down beside him, playing idly with his fluffy black hair.
"...D-disqualified..." he managed to stutter before crying. Uekiya was shocked. She had only ever seen him cry once before, and that was at the death of his elderly dog. She knew how much this competition had meant to him, he had been training all year for this.
"What happened?" She asked softly, feeling awful for him. She gently brushed away his tears as he continued crying. He was uncontrollably sobbing for a few minutes until he was able to answer her.
"I failed the drugs test... positive for steroids." He told her miserably. She sighed, knowing he wouldn't have ever taken steroids deliberately. "Do you think there might've been steroids in the brownies you gave me?" He asked a little hesitantly. He remembered her saying whoever had eaten them had suddenly become stronger. She gasped in horror, realising he was right.
"I'm so sorry. I should've known better." She apologised quickly and sadly, realising she had destroyed his chances at even competing in the competition. "If you want to break up with me, that's fine." She told him. She really hoped he wouldn't want to break up with her, because she really liked him but she had taken away the thing he had been working for all year.
"It's ok, Uekiya. It's not your fault. You knew as much as I did, I don't blame you." He told her, sitting up and putting his arm around her. She put her head on his shoulder, cuddling up to him. She still felt awful about it. "Besides, now I can be even better for next year." He gave her his usual positive smile, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. She looked at him before pulling him in for a proper kiss. He pulled away for air after a little while, looking her in the eye. He told her something before kissing her again. "At least now I can see you all day today."