219: I'll Love You Instead

Budo x Ayuna (930-Chocoholic-930 ):

Ayuna walked through Akademi High school with her head held high. She was one of the most adored students at the school, and she knew it. She was calm and cool around everyone except for the martial arts master known as Budo Masuta. She had a huge crush on him that she easily concealed. The only one who knew was her illegitimate half sister Megami. They shared a father, but Ayuna had a different mother as a result of an affair. The sisters weren't very close, anyway.

Ayuna became jealous when she saw other people flirting with Budo even though they weren't dating. As she turned the corner, she could see Budo flirting with a girl, who was blushing and playfully flirting back. Ayuna was upset and angry, but she didn't let it show. She walked away before she did something she would regret in front of Budo.

Ayuna followed the girl, known as Cupa Kurosagi, in hope of finding out her dirty secret. That was something she was very good at, second only to Info-chan. Eventually, she figured it out when Cupa got a phone call. She listened to it, learning Cupa already had a boyfriend. He obviously didn't go to Akademi high. Ayuna smiled as she walked away. Budo would never accept her love if he knew she was already taken.

On Friday, Ayuna had slipped a note into Budo's locker asking him to meet her here. She had tried to mimic Cupa's handwriting, knowing he had feelings for her. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw him running towards her.
"Hey Ayuna. What are you doing here?" He asked, slightly confused. He'd seen the note, and thought Cupa had wanted to meet him. The note had her handwriting, and he assumed it was her.
"I wanted to talk to you. I knew you would come if you thought I was Cupa." She said with the smallest hint of sadness in her voice. He couldn't notice it though. "I really like, no, I love you. I want to be with you. Please don't turn me down." She looked down at her shoes, waiting for an answer.
"Oh... umm... I'm sorry, but I like someone else... I'm sorry." He looked down and frowned. He felt kinda bad for rejecting her, but he liked someone else more. It would be unfair for him to be with Ayuna when he had feelings for someone else.
"It's Cupa, isn't it?" She asked with a small hint of jealousy. He sighed and nodded his head. There wasn't any point in lying to himself or Ayuna. "You know she has a boyfriend, right?" Budo looked up at her, looking surprised. She hadn't mentioned a boyfriend to him or anyone.
"Oh..." he frowned, looking down again. She rubbed his back as he laughed a little. "Of course, a girl like her. She wouldn't fall for me. No beautiful girl would fall in love with me." He looked pretty defeated.
"I would." He looked up at her in surprise. "I really like you, Budo. I might not be Cupa, but I genuinely love you. Please give me chance." He gave her a weak smile and nodded his head. She beamed at him as she hugged him. He smiled brighter and hugged back. After a minute, he gently kissed her as cherry blossom petals floated down around them from the tree.