Chapter 8

Pearl Pov.

I was running around fighting when suddenly.

"NO!" Garnet yelled and rushed to the bushes, her gloves out and huge, I could only assume she had seen something.

I rushed to her side, just in time to see a blue Palaquin launch.

"Oh my" My hands cover my mouth in shock, and I see a glint in the bush, I walk over, and a piece of glass connected to a note, I pick it up and read it.

"Garnet" I handed it to her, she opened it up, and got rid of her visor, she scanned through it. It looked like she was having a mental argument with herself.

"We need to find amethyst" I grabbed the paper and rushed off, jumped over gems, poofing several before I find amethyst fighting side by side with emerald. Suddenly a gem comes behind emerald, and poofs her, she takes her gem and smashes it.

I let out a loud cry, falling to my knees, amethyst notices and rushes to my side. She takes the paper from me.

"Hey P you good?" "She...she...shes...shattered" "Who pearl?" "Emerald" She turns around, letting out a soft cry and helps me up.

Amethyst summons her whip, and poofs the gem that killed emerald, shattering her after.

She walks back. "Thats it for most of the gems here, the others are retreating or smashed, or poofed." "Lets go to garnet"

Once we find garnet she's unfused, sapphire crying with ruby talking to her.

"Oh ruby, if only we got there sooner"  "Saph its fine" "Ruby it isnt, what if she takes that path" She looks up and meets ruby's eyes. "I promise she wont" She smiles and stands up, reaching her hand out. Ruby takes it, and they come together in a hug, garnet appears in her place.

I walk forward, amethyst by my side. "The Warriors are gone, we're alone" 

Garnet stares at us in shock. "All of them?" "Alot of them retreated, me and pearl finished off the others" "Emerald?" "Shattered"

her expression then was unreadable.

"We should go get lapis and peridot, so we have an extra army" "Of course, but we need to go save steven and connie" Garnet walked away, and into the house.

Amethyst stared in shock at me. "What happened?" The note was in her hands. "Read the note"

I Turn around, And walked inside, garnet was on the couch, chances are, thinking of a plan.

I walked over next to her, and sat down. "Garnet" "Pearl" "Do you need help?" "I would like it" "What are you thinking" "We still have the ruby ship, but we have to be fast, so connie and steven don't die or get hurt."

I give a soft nod. "Peridot and lapis will stay here" I stand up. "What about connies parents, what do we say to them" "that connie is having a sleepover, and she wishes to stay for a couple days" "seems believable"

"When do we leave?"

"Now"