Chapter 5

Stevens pov

I'm watching her sleep. She looks peaceful. Suddenly the door burst open I draw my sheild and grab the sword. "Steven calm" I hear the familiar voice of sapphire.

"Saph?" I ask. "Why did you unfuse?" I asked as she comes into view. She hands me pearls horribly cracked gem.

"What happened?!" "She got surprised." "Let me see what I can do." Sapphire sat down next to connie. "Is she sick?" "Yah."

Thats when ruby ran inside. Her gem had a crack. But she wasn't poofed. "Ruby!" "Saphy" "What happened?" "I was stupid. I thought I could take them on..." "Your fine, it's ok"

ruby sat next to me. I slapped pearls gem that already had my spit on it. It glowed and healed. I did the same for ruby.

"Hey!" Ruby said with anger. She looked ready to explode. "I just healed your gem. Calm." She sighed. "Can we be garnet again?"

Sapphire chuckled and walked forward. Met by her gaze they locked eyes and fused. Garnet rushed outside.

I smiled. Then I sat down again and sighed. She was still fast asleep. Pearls gem started to float into the air, where pearl regenerated.

"Wha-" "hi pearl" she looked at me. "Steven!" She hugged me. "Go fight" She nodded and ran outside. Connies eyes flickered open.

"How are you feeling?" "Ok." I took her hand. It was warm. "We need to help them."

Connie nodded and stood up, she danced and I did to. She danced closer to me and I grabbed her waist. Stevonnie appeared in our place.

Stevonnie pov.

I looked up. My sides as stable as they can be. Connie wasn't lieing she felt more stable than earlier. Steven was good to. Just tired.

I walked outside. Everyone fighting. Some weird green gem was standing alone. "Your all mine" I mumble. I grab my shield and sword rushing at her. I jump and I'm about to come down on her when garnet stops me.

"No." "But garnet!" The gem looks up startled. She draws her weapon. "Who is this?!" She spats. "Emerald. Calm" "calm down?! This gem tried to attack me!" "They didn't know better" "They?!"

We unfuse to answer her question.

Stevens pov.

"Hello." I say. "Uhm. Hi" emerald reasponds "sorry for that." "It's fine. What type of gem are you? You look more like a human." "Im a hybrid. I think." "Oh?" "I'm rose's son" "rose? She had a child?" "Yes." "Then she should be alive!"

Garnet stops the comversation."shush." Everyone runs off. Connie looks at me and takes my hand. We fuse. Stevonnie in our place.