Chapter 23 {Into the Snow}

I jerk awake and for a second I'm left confused. Then I remember, we're driving to LA. The back is cramped as expected, and I hear all the guys talking and laughing. The drop down TV is playing Catching Fire, and everyone in the back has their eyes trained on the screen. I sigh and look at the screen. It's at the scene where Katniss shoots the arrow up at the arena dome. I smile lightly and sigh. "How far are we?" I ask, interrupting the guys conversation. Adam looks back at me. "About two hours from LA, we passed the California border a bit ago." I nod, looking out the window. Outside, all I can see is white, higher levels of snow than in Arizona but still tons less than Seattle.

I sigh again. "I wonder if things will ever be the same again." I say quietly, so only Xander can hear. He smiles and wraps his arm around me. "It will, trust me. This storm can't last forever." He replies softly. I look up at him quickly. "How do we know that? It's already defied the laws of physics multiple times, by snow levels, it's sudden appearance, the winds, and how it's already been here a month and expanded over the entire US and parts of Canada. I just feel like something else is going to happen, something big, even if this storm does end." I reply forcefully. He shrugs, defeated. "You never really know." I bite my lip and lean into him. With my luck I'm starting to believe that something really bad is going to happen, something terrible.

I look out into the snow and gaze off for several more minutes. I hear the movie end and Joyce groans. "I'm getting carsick, can someone pass me a ginger ale?" She complains. I look up. "Now that you mention it, so am I, can I get one, too?" I say. Jason leans back and grabs two bottles from the mini fridge, as he's closest to it. "Here." He says, tossing them to each of us. I take a few sips and set it down. "Does anyone have a copy of The Day of the Doctor that we can watch?" I ask after a moments thought. Gwen lights up. "Oh, I do!" She says. She leans over the barrier between us an the luggage and rummages through the bags until she finds hers. I hear stuff shifting around and she finally pulls out the DVD.

"Here we go!" She says, going over to the mini TV and taking out Catching Fire, replacing it with the new disk. She presses a few buttons and sits back down. After a minute the movie begins to play and I grin. It's been a while since I saw this. The old intro plays and then it goes to Clara teaching at the school. "I've never seen this before." I hear Jocelyn say, and I look at her in mock shock. "How dare you!" I say with over the top emotion. She laughs and rolls her eyes, turning back to the TV. We continue to watch, and it goes through all the scenes, [SPOILER ALERT] the fez going through the vortex, the 10th doctor being married to Queen Elizabeth the first, and where they are trapped in a cell together and don't know the door is unlocked the whole time.

We all start laughing when Clara opens the door for them. "Wow, for a thousand year old genius, you'd think he'd try the door!" Jocelyn exclaims. I raise my eyebrow at her. "Have you met the Doctor?" I say. She looks at me with a grin. "No, but I sure wish that I had." I facepalm and look back to the screen. When it gets to the point where all the Doctors come together I just begin fangirling in my seat when Peter Capaldi comes in. "ERMERGERD I LOVE THIS PART!" I screech. Everyone looks at me funny. "Keep it down!" Mitch shouts for the front of the van. I laugh and watch as the movie comes to a close. "Best. Movie. Ever." Joyce says.

The guys laugh. "I might just start watching this now." Tyler says. I look at him dead in the eyes. "You better. I know were you live." He gives me a weird look. "We are going to live in the same house." He points out. I laugh. "Yeah, with another Tyler! It's gonna be sooooo confusing!" I say. "I'm just gonna call LogDotTyler Tyler #2." Tyler fistpumps. "Yes! I'm number 1!" He cheers. I roll my eyes. "My god, why are you always so competitive." I complain. He crosses his arms. "Because I'm just badass like that." I sigh and slump down in my seat. "So is it 30 minutes now or what?" Gwen asks. "15, actually till we get to the house. Look outside, we're already in LA!" Mitch calls back from the front. I look out the window and realize I can see the many buildings that make up outer LA.