Chapter 12 {New Years!}

Minutes now. Minutes until the end of the year. A new start, with my sisters, Adam, and no more foster parents. I can have a happy year, make new friends, and be a better person. I smile as Adam scrambles to get some sparkling apple cider in time for the countdown. We had watched the New York ball drop three hours ago, and now it was our turn. What was with Miley's outfit, the giant white fur coat? Like what the f*ck! "Adam hurry up, your gonna miss it!" Gwen yells. "I'm trying, god damn it!" He shouts in the kitchen. We laugh and turn back to the TV screen. Adam had told the recruits about us a few days ago. We haven't had any recognition on the streets, but who knows, maybe we'll get more when we move to LA.

I can still remember the reactions from the rest of Team Crafted when Joyce and Gwen came into the call. Ty had shouted. 'JESS HAS BEEN CLONED!' Followed by 'We have to find the source before it can make an army of Jess's and destroy the world!' I have no idea what goes on in these guys heads. I chuckle softly to myself at the memories. "THE COUNT DOWN IS STARTING!" Joyce calls. Adam runs in screaming with a tray of fancy glasses filled with sparkling cider. "Ten, nine, eight," the TV starts to count down. "Five, four, three," I bounce slightly up and down as Adam sits down on the couch. "Two, one!" I stand up, a grin on my face. "RABBIT RABBIT AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!" I shout.

Everyone turns and looks at me weird. "Oh come on, it's good luck." I say exasperated, flopping down in the chair again. "Rabbit rabbit, says who?" Adam asks. I shrink back in my chair. "The Internet." I say. Adam puts his hands up exasperated. "Well doesn't that make sense." He cries. I grin. "When did you get that?"Joyce asks. I shrug, grabbing a glass of cider off the tray and taking a sip. "Picked it up a few years ago, you're supposed to do it the first thing you say on the first day of the month, otherwise you have bad luck. If you don't or forget, at the end of the day, if the last thing you say is tibbar tibbar, or rabbit rabbit backwards, it does the same thing." Gwen shakes her head, facepalming. "What has become of this country." she says defeatedly.

"The most awesome thing to ever exist. Rabbits are taking over." I say with a grin. Joyce laughs, yawning halfway. "God, I'm tired." She says. Gwen nods. "Me, too." she agrees. I yawn, showing I'm thinking the same way. "Let's go to bed, I think we're all exhausted." Adam says. We've had a long week, all of us. We stayed up until two for recording sessions three days in a row. I sigh, getting up slowly from my chair and walking up the stairs. "Night guys." I yawn. "Night." Gwen and Joyce reply as they stumble to their room. I go into my room and shut the door, and I hear Adam walk by a minute later. I stumble over to my bed and flop down on top of it, sighing. I changed into my sweats earlier, so I don't have to change. I smile to myself. Happy New Years. Welcome 2014.

-~-

Yay! Finally posted the New Years chapter!

Adam announced he has a PO box. I gathered a few fan-arts, wrote a letter, made a Q&A list, and made him a big Rainbow Loom. Now I have to wait until Monday to send it.

See ya gems later! *fwoop*