Chapter 4 {Welcome to Sky Army HQ}

"So what are we going to do about my stuff?" I ask after several minutes of driving. Adam pauses, thinking.

"They said they'd get it to my house by six," he says. I nod slowly. I don't have that much stuff, really. Just some clothes, a few pictures of me with my real family, and some Minecraft things. 

"So where do you live anyways?" I ask curiously. He honesty hasn't told me yet.

"18 Maplebridge Drive," he responds. I raise my eyebrows, my mouth gaping.

"That's like two blocks away from where I used to live before my fosters came around!" I say, shocked. "How did I not know about this before?" He laughs.

"I wouldn't expect you to. It's in the opposite direction of the school," he replies. I shrug.

"Still," I say, trailing off. We drive in silence for a while, and I just stare out the window. 

Then we stop outside of a nice house, painted a cream color, with a wrap-around porch with a white fence. I gasp. "Wow, you have an amazing house!" I say, awed. He laughs.

"I wouldn't say amazing," he says. I put a finger to his mouth.

"No. No humbling for you," I say with a fake pout, before putting my hand down and laughing. He grins and gets out of the car, and I follow him.  

"Let's just consider ourselves roommates. It would just be too awkward for you to call me your "parent" if I'm only four years older than you," he says. I nod, smiling. He walks up the front path and up the steps to the door, where he pulls out a key and unlocks the door. Adam pushes it open and let's me in. "Welcome to the Sky Army Headquarters," he says in a deep voice. I laugh, but then looking around, gape at the interior of the house. The furniture is all really nice, looking soft and comfortable, mostly being black, white or different shades of brown. The floor is made of sleek wooden planks, and the walls are painted a golden yellow.  

"It's beautiful!" I say.

He smiles, "I thought you'd like it."

I run over and flop on the soft couch face first. "IT'S SO FLUFFY." I yell, muffled by the cushion. I hear Adam laughing.

"I'm beginning to question whether you are sixteen or six," he says around his laughs.

I turn over. "So where do I sleep?" He snaps his finger.

"Upstairs in the guest room. It has a lot of space so I think you'll like it," I leap up from the couch and run top speed towards the stairs, spinning around the banister and jogging up, skipping steps. "First on the left!" I hear Adam call up, still laughing. 

I reach the top and turn to the door, turning the handle and pushing it open. Inside the room is huge! There's a white queen sized bed with white sheets and a wooden floor with a big fluffy rug spread out on the ground. On the other side of the room there are two doors, which I fly over to and open. One leads to a closet and the other a small bathroom. The best part of the room though is the color of the walls. Green. My favorite color.  

I run back down stairs and run to where I hear Adam in the kitchen. "Best house ever!" I cry. He smiles sadly.

"We only have five months left in it so enjoy it," he says.

[Yes I know they would have already moved by this point but this is my story so other stuff happens]

I sigh. Right, moving to LA. I forgot about that. I hear the doorbell ring. "I'll get it," Adam says, getting up from the table. I hear him walk to the door and open it, saying a few muffled words before the door slams gently shut. "They brought your stuff!" I hear him shout. I look down at my watch. Holy crap it was already six o'five! I run in the other room and see Adam carrying a big box. "Little help?" He says around the cardboard.

I laugh, grabbing the box and helping him move it to the living room and setting it down. I quickly pull it open and my mouth falls open when I see what's at the top. It's my Mac Book Pro laptop!

"Oh my god! They got my laptop back!" I cry, pulling it out of the box. It has a creeper protective cover on the back, and under it in the box is my mouse and my mic.

"Why do you have a mic?" Adam asks.

I shrug. "I used to have a YouTube but I shut it down once my mom died..." He nods.  

I put the laptop back in the box and pick it up. "I'll bring it upstairs. And no, I don't need any help," I add when he opens his mouth to protest. He smiles.

"Fine just be careful," he says. I grin. "Don't worry, I will."

-~-

I freaking love Jess.

But anyways, it's ma birthday so I updated for ya!

Bai gems! *fwoop*