No air

It felt like all eyes were on her when she returned to the police station, she didn't want her partner asking questions regarding the fact she's just rushed out of there

Her footsteps were quiet and she observed the quiet station, thankfully for Nicole no one was at the desk.

She placed herself down on the chair, wondering what the fuck she was going to do.

It was hard for her.

Hard to know exactly what she wanted. Eve was good but it wasn't perfect. Not even in the slightest.

Her thoughts went back to the kiss. She wanted it so much, so much in fact it scared her.

But, Nicole knew her plans. knew what she needed to do which didn't involve being in a relationship with Waverly.

Waverly was amazing, smart, funny and the redhead could go on for days talking about her, but she's not the one a year ago she was sworn to making plans with.

Everything had been set out for her and her life. She was settling for a mediocre marriage and a mediocre job when she knew something was missing.

Her brain was conflicted, but then again so was her heart.

She needed Eve in her life, just like Waverly needed Champ just a moment ago.

And in all truthness it hurt so much, that Nicole knew Waverly would go back to him, the worthless piece of shit that he was, but that was all Waverly felt she deserved.

She did love Waverly, but didn't want to cause anyone anymore pain than she already had.

There are so many risks, so many to count that Nicole knew it was inevitable it wasn't going to work if anything were to happen

"Haught, what are you still doing her haven't you seen the schedule?" The gruff voice asked, thankfully pulling Nicole out of her full thoughts.

She looked at the clock and saw that it was in fact the time she had been scheduled on the router.

"Sir, can I stay a couple more hours?" The officer asked, knowing the consequences of if she goes out there again

"No Nicole, your times up, and you look like you need a break" "here" he passed over a couple bills to Nicole "grab a drink, and loosen up, ill see you on Monday"

As the sheriff stormed away, she released a loud sigh, it was almost like everything was against her today, she couldn't go home, and she definitely couldn't go somewhere Waverly was.

Everything hurt her cheek, her eyes, her brain and her heart.

*

"Nicole!" her steps halted, and she had the sudden urge to just run away right now.

"You think I was finished, I've got a thousand fucking words to say to you, you don't just get to walk away from me" Waverly raised her voice as she was talking to Her back

"What do you want? Honestly Waverly you're killing me" Nicole spun around, waking right up to Waverly to get her point across "you knew this was going to happen. What did you think huh? Did you think we're just going to run off into the sunset?" The officer asked eyebrows raised as she looked around to see if anyone was nearby.

"Why don't you want me?!"

This words hit Nicole, she didn't know Waverly to be as forward as now it broke her heart, she did love Waverly, to much to even cope, but it wasn't enough.

"And if I do? You tell me right now if this thing between us turned to shit, would you still tell me that you'd think this was smart?"

"We're friends Waverly, we can't be anything else" she ended, looking more defeated than before.