Aint nobody hurt you like i hurt you

There was beeping. beeping that slowly in Waverly ears went flat and the sound was ongoing.

Nicole was currently in the back of the ambulance, with 3 crew desperately trying to resuscitate her, while Waverly sat crying just outside, hearing the depressing sounds of the heart that for minutes has been completely still.

Waverly knew what it meant, it meant that Nicole was currently dead, she was currently lying on a cold hospital bed, and it was all because of her.

The sobs became louder and the cries became deeper when the dreaded sounds of the defibrillator shocking Nicole's heart filled the silence.

"Clear"

Waverly watched as the love of her life's body moved up and down at the shock, but the scan had no sign of a heartbeat. And Nicole was quickly fading away

"No pulse, let's do it again. Clear"

She didn't know what to do.

What to do if Nicole didn't come back to life, didn't know what do if she heard those 4 heart shattering words, but she was waiting for it to come.

For them to give up on pumping fresh blood inside her, while trying to restart her still heart.

It had felt like forever. the cold still sound that buzzed through Waverly's mind.

she had given up on crying, everything felt numb, like she herself was dying too, but worse.

Her eyes were squinted, hurting from sobbing, her knees hurt as she collapsed in the floor just outside the unmoving ambulance, but her heart, her heart was whole lot worse.

She didn't hear a damn thing, it was like her brain was shut off as she watched the commotion around her.

Dolls and Wynonna dragging the unconscious woman in handcuffs, Nedley questioning everyone to the last detail, but Waverly just sat there on here knees looking blankly at the open doors of the ambulance.

At the corner of her eye she could pick out Wynonna walking in the direction that she sat and felt like screaming her pain away.

"Waves you shouldn't see this lets come away"

Wynonna saw the blank expression, the bubbly, happy Waverly that always tried to look on the bright side had lost hope.

She could see it in her tear stained eyes as the younger girl was yet to move an inch.

There was nothing. No fear. No anger. No happiness.

Wynonna did the only thing she was bad at and for this moment played the comforting sister figure she needed.

The older Earp, helped Waverly to her feet before bringing her into a tight hug, while the buzzing sounds continued just beside them.

Waverly had shut her eyes tightly, while Wynonna rubbed her back, waiting for the outcome of the officer.

They heard the doctors try shock after shock to see the straight line show a heartbeat, it had felt like forever and they were bound to give up some time.

But now was not the time Waverly needed to hear the voices of the doctors desperately doing all they can. And Waverly knew, she knew it wasn't going to be enough

*

"Time of death: 2:23am"

It was almost like an echo on her mind, that she hoped she hadn't heard.