This isn't how its supposed to go

"Waverly, are you ok?" Nicole rushed towards her, evepoling her into a big hug.

"Do you- do you mind coming to talk in the barn? I don't want Wynonna listening." She stumbled, looking to the house after gretting the officer outside.

Nicole took Waverly's hand, half confused of why she had led her into the barn instead of another part of the house.

She watched as Waverly paced the barn, before sitting down, bouncing her leg.

Nicole could see the obvious discomfort of the girl infront and instantly got worried.

She had sat close enough to place her hand on Waverly's leg to stop the movements hoping it might make whatever she's about to say easier. But her leg never stopped moving.

"I just wanted to clear something before I tell you the reason I'm upset"

"What is it?" Nicole questioned.

Waverly's head dropped, unsure if was any of her business to admit what she had witnessed just a moment ago.

"I saw her" Waverly picked her head up to look at the confused look on Nicole's face, sympathy etched in her bloodshot eyes, hoping not to embarrass the redhead to much.

"You saw what Waverly?"

"I saw her hitting you" Waverly admitted, slightly ashamed.

Nicole shot up, she knew exactly who the smaller Earp was talking about, and began walking up and down, wondering what she was going to says

Her face went red, as she began leaning against the wood, unable to form words, she wasn't going to deny it, how could she, Waverly had seen exactly what she saw.

"So, are you going to give me bullshit, and deny it, I've seen the bruise on your face Nic"  Waverly said, with a gentle voice, patting the space for Nicole to rejoin her.

"Can we just- can we talk about something else?" Nicole asked, putting her fist to her mouth, to stop her stuttering before sitting down.

Waverly wasn't ready to give up, she wanted to know, wanted to know Nicole was going to be ok.

"Please?" Nicole pleaded, Waverly paused but had decided to let it go, she could see just how upset Nicole had become.

"You deserve better Nic" Waverly genuinely told her, intertwining their fingers for reassurance.

"I could say the same thing" Nicole said looking from there tightly locked hands to Waverly's glazed eyes.

There stared in eachothers eyes for a while, and Waverly's thumb had started stroking Nicole's hand softly.

Nicole had been the one to break the silence, clearing her throat, and looking to the floor, but never dropping Waverly's hand.

It had been hard to not appreciate the woman infront of her, the officer had to remind herself she was married, and even though it was toxic, it was still there.

"Oh yeh, that's why i kinda called you?" Waverly broke her thoughts,

Nicole's eyes directed up, giving the smaller Earp her full attention.

"Today i went to her back with Champ" she saw the annoyance on Nicole's face at the news and uttered a sorry before continuing .

"I found him, I mean I found Champ in my bed, in my fucking house with another woman, but that wasn't just any woman that was my fucking best friend, who was supposed to be getting married next month!" it was evident on Waverly's face she was annoyed, Nicole knew Waverly rarely swore, and the way Waverly's hand had forcefully started digging her fingertips into her hand.