SHOH Chapter XVI

LC Decided to switch SOHO under Mature Content for the safety of viewers and the graphic scenes inclined.

      Monster in the Basement

     Sahia, still walking around with two bodies, Alma and George. She looked around to find the hiders, but no luck. She felt Alma's body was getting weaker.

    I don't have much time. She growls in thought. Then tinnitus rose in her ears. Someone was lingering of where she had died. Sahia dropped Alma's body including George's onto the wooden floor. Then she vanished.

   George gasped awake realizing he was pulled from the voidful realm along with Alma. He trembled his weak body off the ground only to fall down again. George crawls towards Alma. She was barely breathing and he heard a slight cry.

   He shook her. "Alma, Alma, are you okay?" He said weakly. George pushes her where she was laying on her back. Alma stared at George.

    "I don't have much energy left." Alma whispered. "It's only a matter of time before she comes back and possess us."

    George nodded. He then put her out of her frightful misery by a blow to the head. She fell silent after one punch.

   "See you back in the void, Alma." He leaved a kiss upon Alma's forehead.

   "George!" He gasped to hear someone calling out his name.

    "Ashley, that's not him." He heard a male voice responding to the girl.

   George turned around to find Ash and Dustin standing right at him.

   "What time is it?" George asks. "And what has happened?"

   "2:17 a.m." Dustin said while looking at his phone. "We got less than three hours."

    George finally got up fully although weak. Ashley aided him to keep him up. "Don't go to sleep, George." She whispers.

   He nodded regards the three deep scratches among Ashley's face. "We are going to find Tyler." Ashley informs.

   Tyler kept studying the remnants of the burnt poem. There's got to be couple of stanzas. Although rest of the paper was in ashes, he looked through the drawers. His eyes widen. He found a picture of a family. A couple and two kids. All of them posting smiles in the picture.

     "This must be Sahia's family." Tyler assumes. He realized that there was no burnt marks on the picture, but on poem. Why though?

     Tyler felt the basement getting really cold that he sees his own smelly breath. He was really confused and unaware of his surroundings. He quickly took the picture out of its frame getting a glass cut from the process. He folded it up and put it up in his coat pocket. He also grabbed the burnt up poem and puts it in his pocket.

    "You don't belong here." He hears a low masculine growl. Tyler didn't bother turning around. He ran to the ladder and climbed straight up. He felt someone grabbed him and Tyler screamed for his life.

   "Tyler!" Ashley, Dustin, and George rush down the flight of the stairs.

     Tyler heard one of his friends. He let out a scream and the being's grip is still latched onto him. "I am in here!"

      The trio rushed down the hallway and Ashley kicked down the garage door only to hear Tyler's screaming coming from a trapdoor within the room.

   "What seems to be the problem?" Dustin asks Tyler.

   "Something got my legs!" Tyler cries. Dustin looked down to find nobody grabbing his legs.

   "I don't see anything." Dustin points out.

   Next, Tyler screamed frantically when he felt something puncturing his flesh around his left ankle.

    "Get me out!" He panicked. "It's biting me!"

   Dustin, Ashley, and George used their strength altogether to pull Tyler out of the basement. They felt a tug that was trying to pull Tyler down. They didn't give up, their strengths combined pulled him up successfully on the second try. Tyler gave out onto the floor as Dustin slams whatever this monster is back in the basement.

   Dustin put weight as the doors shook violently from the bangings that this monster create. "Calm down." He said softly as he can. "He wasn't going to hurt you."

    Then the monster snapped. "I don't care, you son of a bitch." It pounded the basement door again. "He ain't allowed to be down there." The voice sounded masculine and raspy. The poundings on the basement door grew silent. The only thing that broke the silence was the annoying tinnitus in their ears.

    Tyler was whimpering; muffling from the pain around his ankle. Dustin turned his phone's flashlight on again and aimed it towards Tyler's leg. Teeth punctures surrounded his ankle, deep and bloody. The reminder of a bite from a shark.

   "What the heck is this house?" Ashley says. "How many creatures other than Sahia's seeking self run this place?"

    Dustin checked his clock, 2: 28 in the morning. Tyler, Ashley, and Dustin all sat down and relaxed on the concrete floor.

   Bang! Bang! Bang! There was an instant loud noises sounded like a gun. All of them looked around to find out where are they coming from and why.

   "Probably hunters hunting..." Dustin was interrupted by George saying "who would by hunting at this hour?!"

    Another round of gun shots can be heard. They all sounded simultaneously. It sounded it became right behind them!  Dustin didn't felt the bullet entering at the back of his head. His mind suddenly went black before he had the time to react.