SHOH Chapter XX

FINAL CHAPTER!

The End with Phantom of Wolves

-One Year Later-

Ashley returned home after two months of being in the hospital. The doctors managed to save Ashley's life after a dozen of operations. Her left eye was gone, just a clean hollow socket. She now wears an eyepatch. Scars from the dogs scratch marks are going to mark her face for most of her life. Luckily, Ashley worked hard for the last couple months to past eleventh grade.

Anyone whom dare to ask what happened to her left eye, she says nothin', just an unemotional stare. Her social butterfly now has broken wings. She only talks to Dustin because she only trusts him. Dustin and Penel graduated and moved into Ashley's lonely house to help her.

Dustin's parents pondered why Dustin was home prior to Saturday. He lied saying Ashley got severely injured by accidentally impaling her left eye into the faucet. Her father took him home early in the morning. Mother was skeptic when she heard Ashley's father was found burned to death in another house days later, but she knew her father was a firefighter. His mother felt proud of them that they sacrifice their college career just to help their friend. His parents forgot about the vivid realistic nightmare they were in that they wake up from just like it was in a dream.

Dustin and Ashley only ventilate about the game to Penel because she saved them before the wolf guy can kill them. Penel can see the lifely scarring that the house pressured down on them. Dustin began smoking seven months ago and Ashley lost her emotional walls.

"It's been a year." Dustin utters.

"Do not talk about it." Ashley says sharply while hugging her legs on the sofa across from them in the living room.

"I know it's trauma, but someone is still wandering around in that nightmare. Remember the poem that she forced you to say when you were possessed?" Dustin asks.

"I barely even remember." Ashley says while looking out the window on a rainy day. She was uninterested of the conversation.

"I still remember it." Dustin says.

"What was it?" Penel asks while sitting next to Dustin.

"Don't say it." Ashley snaps.

"Ashley, please." Dustin sighs as a slight rumble of thunder can be heard from the outside.

He then took a deep breath.

"In the woods, hiding from the lies. I only had a family who I cared deep inside. Til' gunmen broke in and shot them dead. Under the bed with a monster living in my head. The monster growled and made me filled the air with dread. The screams, the bloodshed, the lust of death battled in my soul. I stabbed and sliced everyone that made my blood run cold. The heroes never helped nor cared. They didn't even hear nor stare. At four, the bodies were burning in a flaming galore. The smell of smoke and ashes burned my heart, but never tore me apart. The fire rage all at five. My weeping tears are still alive. The walls came down and I couldn't scream no more. Here I dangle with my scrag in a rope. I long to be with my family and nothing more."

"Imagine that as a depressing song, Dust." Ashley says.

"She needs some comfort." Penel said. "We had no idea what she's been through time of time again. People like you made that mistake to come into her house and end up killing themselves."

Ashley stands up full of frustration. "Yeah! We learned that, Penel. Now, Zack, Alma, Tyler, and George are now dead. We are mourning and scarred from this mistake that we made. Dustin is now smoking and you're not doing a thing while I long not to suffer anymore. Oh the nightmares of the exact game and waking up at three in morning! Do you think that we are glad that we lived, Penel? NO!" She began to shake violently like she was about to explode. "Our friends are finally free from this cruel ass world while we longing to forget of what happened to us. If we hadn't done this hide and seek game, we won't be in this situation right now." Ashley stands up and walks towards her room slamming her door and locking it.