SHOH Chapter VI

The Mirror Reflection Isn't Your Own

It has been eight hours after an illusion scared the crap out of Dustin and resulting him to throw a book at Penel. The nightmare was over for him.

Colleen was getting ready for supper. She can feel her stomach turning numb in hunger. Dinner would be ready within a few minutes. It was hamburgers and fries, Colleen's favorite food.

Colleen sat down and waited patiently until her mother declares that it's time to feast. Her phone vibrated. Colleen looked down at her blue IPhone. She received a text from Dustin. "Things just got crazy, hallucinations today. The hallucinations looked like Penel gone crazy! It must've been that game from Sahia's place. Stay aware!" He sent.

Colleen text back: "Nothing is happening to me, I am fine."

"Colleen, come and get your dinner!" Her mother shouted from the kitchen. She then got out of her chair then went into the kitchen.

"Bro, shut up mate!" Tyler growls. He was in an argument with his brother, Nate.

"Shut up" ain't going to do shit!" Nate fires back.

"It would soon until I knock you out!" Tyler threatens.

"Anger management." Nate smirks.

Tyler slams Nate against the wall and screams. "You better keep you mouth shut because this fist is going to go flying right in your junk!"

"You don't scare me." Nate smiles.

"You don't scare me either."

"How are you even my brother?" Nate raises his brow with a jerky smile. "You're a dork wad planned on accident."

"Some babies were dropped on their heads, but I can clearly tell you were thrown against the wall." Tyler comebacks.

"You're a disgrace that even your reflection can't look at you." Nate said.

Tyler then loosened his grip on his brother Nate. Nate squirmed to get out. Then he walked into the kitchen. He brings a cup of soda and dump on his brother's face.

"Owwww! You bastard!" Tyler boomed. "You better clean this mess up before parents get home. Grow up!"

Tyler walks into the bathroom and washes the soda off his face with warm water. He gaze into the mirror to see if the soda was gone. No more of the sticky soda was stained onto him, but his shirt was still stained.

Tyler went his bedroom and take his shirt off revealing his average body. No abbs, no flat stomach, just curvy. He put his shirt into the hamper.

Boy, I am going to kick Nate's ass, Tyler thought in his mind.

That's when he heard someone tapping on the glass. Tyler peaked out his window to find nobody there. House settling or some sorts. Tyler brushed it off.

The lights began to flicker in his room. The bulbs were just brand new, so it would be perfectly glowing. That's when he heard tapping on the glass again. He looked around. This time, he heard someone pounding on the glass.

"Tyler, stop pounding!" He heard Nate shouting.

"It's not me!" Tyler denies.

"Lies!" Nate growls. "We are the only ones in the house right now, stop making excuses!"

Tyler sighed for a moment. "Come into the room, I am just getting dress!"

"Oh my God!" Nate groans while he stomps into his brother's room. He saw Tyler in the middle of the room shirtless. The banging is still going on.

"What in the name of might?" Nate said. Then the pounding grind into a halt. "Tyler, what was that?"

"I don't know." Tyler replies. "I didn't like the sound of it."

"Me either." Nate adds in. "Well if it happens again, we will try to find the source of it." Nate walks out the room.

Tyler puts a t-shirt on. He walked into the mirror to gaze onto his appearance.

"What the heck?" Tyler said. The reflection of him wasn't present. A woman with long brown hair and dark eyes. Her face was covered with dust and blood. She was giving off a blank stare like Tyler gazing into the mirror.

Tyler felt elaborate. He raises his right hand above his shoulder. The woman in the reflection mocked his moves and motives. Then memories of what happened in Sahia's house a night back flood in. He remembered becoming possessed by Sahia herself even collapsing down after possession was over.

In a flash, Tyler let out a screech. He raised his fist up and punched into the mirror. The woman on the other side of the reflection mocked his actions. The mirror glass shattered into pieces and piled onto the floor. Tyler felting a sharp pain when glass sliced through his hand while smashing the mirror.

He backed away looking at the bloody cut. Nate rushed into the room checking to see Tyler was alright. Nate saw Tyler looking at his bloody hand. Tyler looked at him intently, not breaking the lock of the gaze. Nate stared at him in pure silence with no questions. Tyler stared at him too with silence with an unemotional stare into his eyes.