SHOH Chapter I

Mind Bent

Hide and seek was usually fun with professional seekers and hiders. Don't forget playing hide and seek after midnight outside creates an eerie atmosphere with challenges.

"Dustin, come out!" Dustin hears in the echo. "You've won."

Dustin smirked as he thought it would be a humorous idea to reveal some tricks up his sleeve. "Haha!" Dustin laughed outloud. Then he moved out from the bushes.

"Dustin," his sister growls. "Get your butt out of the forest!"

Dustin goes deeper and deeper into the forest. The forest looks haunted like it would appear at night of thrill. Dustin turned back.

"Boohoo!" Dustin shout. "You are just trying to make me lose!"

"I'm serious, Dust." She called out once more. "The neighbors are about to call the cops on us."

Dustin's expressions suddenly went into a frown. His sister, Penel, sounded like she was worried. The neighbors might be fast asleep and can suddenly call the police from a obnoxious wake up call from two teenagers playing hide and seek in the yard at midnight.

Dustin started to headback where Penel's shouting was heard. It took him two minutes to walk straight out of the woods. Penel was clutching her sweater.

"Dustin," she said. "We need head back inside. We are about to get into major shit from our parents."

"Ehhhh, forget about it." Said Dustin. His mind was too full of words to pull into one simple sentence.

"Forget?" Penel raises her brow. "I've been trying to find you for ten freaking minutes and wasted one minute shouting at your ass."

"If you were talking to my ass, it would rumble." Dustin smirks trying not to laugh.

"Don't play comeback." She growls. "How about we get back into the house and look up places that are away from the suburban area?" Penel suggests.

"Sounds good." Dustin nodded.

Penel and Dustin head back inside the house. Their parents were pissed because they were outside pass curfew and horsing around.

"Penel and Dustin," their mother, Rain, put her hands on her hips. She was full of disappointment. "What do I have to say about you two going outside pass midnight shouting out each other?"

Penel and Dustin didn't reply. "No T.V, no phones, and no video games for a month." Rain growled. "Also you're forbid to go outside pass seven p.m."

Then here comes their father, Peter, coming crossing his arms. "What are we going to do with you?" He says full of disappointment.

"In a year, you don't have to worry about us." Penel replies. "Because we are gradulating." Penel and Dustin are twins. Their parents are African Americans living in less populated area in Idaho.

"Graduation doesn't prove to me you two are ready to become independent citizens." Dad disapproves.

"Let us our child behavior out because we know it ain't like this in the real world." Dustin replies.

"I don't want to hear it." His dad growled. "You two, go back to bed."

Penel and Dustin sleep in the same bedroom. They live in a suburban area full of mobile homes with two bedrooms and one bathroom. Penel went fast asleep while Dustin lie awake.

Dustin sat up and quietly went down the bunk bed. Dustin grabs his laptop and climbs back up. He turns it on. He keeps the volume and brightness low because he was very wary to not wake up his sister. Dustin looks up his area where he lives in. Dustin founds that there's one house on the map outlined from the rest of the homes. It was isolated from the same woods that Dustin went into from his backyard. The house was approximately five miles away from his house.

"That's sounds good place for hide and seek place." Dustin said quietly while rubbing his chin. The address was on 287 Lincoln Drive.

"The President must've been so good that the government named the street after him." Dustin mumbles. "Poor President Lincoln."

Dustin researched the address for its history. It only had one former owner from the 1990s. Her name was Sahia Lincoln and the street was named after her family's surname because Sahia and her family were first to live alongside the road. Sahia was the only survivor from the homicide of her family. The aftermath resulted of her going into complete isolation and insanity. Bills were left unpaid while she fell into despair. After an eviction notice was posted upon the door, she lost her mind. Sahia took her own life. It's said that she hid during the homicide, so the murderers wouldn't kill her as well.

"Damn." Dustin breathe out slowly.

He scrolled down to the end of the page and something caught his attention. "To be warn if any investigators challenging Sahia to play hide and seek after midnight, they must stay until five in the morning. Sahia doesn't like to play hide and seek from the homicide mental scarring. She would possess a body and help seek out the hiders. This could possibly be a myth because no reports came back to be proven fact or fiction." He read under his own breath.

"Dustin, turn that off before parents extend your punishment." Penel whispers from the bottom bunk. Dustin nodded and powered off. He put it back on his desk and went to bed.