SHOH Chapter XV

Poem From the Ashes

     Dustin awoke from the darkness gasping realizing he just went off from being alert. He was lucky that Sahia didn't find him in the drawer.

   I guess it's time to move, Dustin thought. He put his hand against the roof of the shelf and slowly pushed out.  He sat up and adjust his eyes to the dark room. Luckily, no one to be in sight. Dustin got up from the shelf then slide it back in. Slowly creeping out of the room, Dustin looked around outside. He couldn't find 'Alma.'

    He turned his phone's flashlight on. His vision was distorted from the darkness. Dustin know it was a smart yet risky move. He walked to the room infront of him to see a blanket covering up something large. Dustin assumed it was a body because the scent of death.

    Dustin looked around and found a closet. He walked towards it and opened it. He heard a cry from the closet almost sounding like a scream. His curiosity made him check the closet to find out who it was. It was Ashley. Shaking in the corner that she was scared out of the wits.

    "Don't worry, it's me, Dustin." Dustin says to calm her. She took sharp deep breaths. Dustin sat down next to her and check her pulse. It was racing and thumping really hard.

   "You almost got me a heart attack!" She cries.

   "Shhhhh!" He rubbed her shoulders.

   "Did you hear that scream?" She asks. "In the bathroom which was two doors right from your room."

    "No." Dustin exclaims. "I was napping in a shelf."

    "What the hell is wrong with you?" She nudges him giving Dustin a serious look. "It was another friend, Dusty. The fourth scream from a friend that has been found or... dead."

     "Ash, do you know the friends who are making those screams?" Dustin asks.

   "First, it sounded like a young male coming from the floor above us. Mostly, sounding like George. Then I heard the scream and a splash coming from the bathroom, sounded like Colleen." Ashley explains.

   "You are good identifying voices and sounds." Dustin compliments.

   "Thanks." Ashley said full of sober. "We know George and Colleen are screwed. Alma was already screwed because she was possessed in the first place. I don't know about Tyler though." Ashley says.

   "Change my plan." Dustin said. Ashley looked at him with widen eyes. "We are going close together."

   "But how are we going to find Tyler, though?" Ashley asks. "We got a freaking Slenderman seeking out kids."

   "Huh?" Dustin says confused.

   "It means that a vengeful monster is trying to find preyful kids and kill them" Ashley hisses making goosebumps appear on Dustin's skin.

     Then there was running foosteps stomping into the room where Dustin and Ashley were hiding in. Dustin forgot to shut the closet door. They hold still like statues trying to keep their breathing firm although their hearts were racing and thumping. Ashley looked towards Dustin giving him 'we are going to die' look.

    They heard running footsteps bolting towards the closet. Ashley gasped a little and quinted her eyes shut. Dustin closed his eyes and hold his breath.

   They heard claws scratching at the door line. They felt someone was staring right at them. Tempted with spirit of inquiry, Ashley and Dustin restrain heed from it.

      We are dead

      We are dead. Dustin's mind impulse with anxiety. Whoever was in the closet with them crept closer. Then began to feel a drift of cold wind. Ashley felt hot smelly breath going onto her face. She kept her eyes shut and hold her breath.

    A slight low growl echoed around the closet. Then quickly stomps away out of the closet. Dustin peeked his eyes opened to see nobody else, but Ashley and himself. His heart still thumping and drench with cold sweat. Dustin nudged Ashley letting her know the seeker left them... alive and... control of their own bodies.

    Ashley slowly opened her eyes. Her face contorted with fright. Dustin turned on his phone's flashlight on. Then pointed towards Ashley.

   "Ummm, Ashley?!" He gasped. "Your face!"

   "What?" Ashley raised the brow.

   "There's huge deep scratch marks across your face." Dustin pointed out.

   Ashley felt her face with a left hand. Blood was on the palm of her hand when she looked at it. Her breath sharpened and anxiety increased. Ashley only felt the monster's slimy hot disgusting breath on her face, but she never felt 'it' scratching her."Okay," she gulped. "Get me out of here."

   "We can't leave until dawn." Dustin said.

   "No, move into another hiding spot." She gulps again and tears were coming out her eyes. "Go find Tyler and avoid 'friends' who are now our enemies."

   "Okay..." Dustin sighed.

  Tyler was still sitting down against the garage door. He never saw Colleen come back, he just heard eerie silence. He stood up to stretch his muscles out because they were aching. Then something caught Tyler's attention. He noticed a door on the concrete floor that he never seen minutes before. Tyler walked towards it and then turned the knob.

    He only saw a ladder below because all of the darkness around him. Tyler used his cellphone's light to see as he crept down. He shined his cellphone around. He only saw a desk that was spotted in the distance. Tyler walked towards it and saw a paper.

  In the woods, hiding from the lies.
  I only had a family who I cared deep inside.
  Til' gunmen broke in and shot them dead.
   Under the bed with a monster living in my head.

  Tyler couldn't read the rest out of the stanzas because the paper was blackened. He touched the blackened part of the paper with the tip of his fingers. Felt like charcoal and looked at the desk to find grey and black ashes were scattered around.

   The paper was burnt, but Tyler looked around to find the walls perfectly normal and no burning marks on them.