SHOH Chapter XVIII

Does anyone else think of diet coke when they look at the cover photo?

Return of Sahia

Dustin's parents only stared at him in shock. They didn't even utter a word back to him. Ashley's father didn't even look at her. He lowered his head in shame and disgust that his daughter had done this.

"A final family reunion." The dark man chuckled.

"Why did you even bring my parents into this?" Dustin snaps.

The man stopped laughing, but still marked a sinister grin. "I didn't." He chuckles darkly. "But he did." He points to a familiar man in a cloak. His hoodie covered his eyes. The hooded man expressed a slight frown.

"I warned you, Dusty." He said humbly as he removes his hood from over his head. He was the same man that warned Dustin at school even at the cemetery. "You should never visit this place. I lost my family awhile ago. Now, it's time for yours."

Dustin can hear wailing from Ashley. He turned his face towards her as she began whimpering with her head down.

"No crying, young lady." The dark man took out his shotgun. Ashley looked up and kept wailing. The man aimed directly at Ashley's head.

She fell silent. Dustin watched a grin grew across her face. Ashley began laughing outloud causing Dustin to feel disoriented. The man was ready to pull the trigger.

"Dusty, what's she doing?" Dustin's mom looks up and asks.

"Probably going nuts." Dustin replies to his mother.

The room began to shift. Many people, mostly teenagers, appeared. They all circled around them. Dustin saw his friends, but not what they were. George's skin was white pale and his eyes glowed eerie blue. His veins appeared darker blue and he trembled like he was cold. Alma looked pale as well, but there was blood dripping down from her forehead. Colleen had this dark liquid all over her. Dustin was far enough to not scent the smell of the liquid. Tyler appeared with many bites all over his skin. Half of his neck was still gone. Dustin didn't call out to them because he knew they're not his real friends.

"Shut up!" The man snarled as he pulled the trigger of his gun.

The shotgun only made a loud click, but no bang. The gun didn't go off.

Suddenly the ropes snapped apart from Ashley's strength in her hands setting Dustin and Ashley free.

"Stay down!" The man threatened as he kept aiming the gun at Ashley and Dustin. Dustin turned around to watch Ashley from behind. She stands up regarding the man's threats. Ashley began laughing her ass off like a psychopath.

Ashley turned around and faced Dustin with an evil smile from ear to ear.

"I found all of you." She says with a raspy and dry tone. "But one of your friends found me first."

Then a loud bang echoed throughout the fire place. Dustin gasped figuring that Ashley has been shot in the back! Ashley turned around chuckling evilly at the man. Dustin winced towards the dark man realizing there's a massive hole in the guy's chest. Blood ooze onto the floor. The dark man stood although he was groaning loudly in pain.

"The bullet in my heart was bigger than your shotgun." Ashley snarls.

Dustin saw some burnt like paper in Ashley's back jean pocket. He quickly snatched it out trying not to make sure Ashley notice. He opened it up and it read...

"In the woods, hiding from the lies.
I only had a family who I cared deep inside.
Til' gunmen broke in and shot them dead.
Under the bed with a monster living in my head." The rest of the poem seemed burned away in ashes. He also was holding a picture of a family smiling. One husband with a beloved wife that had one daughter and son. He pondered about the life of Sahia before she died.