Chapter 14 - Can I trust?

I had forgotton I had writen this, I meant to post it ages ago. So here it is, five days ltae or so...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 14 - Can I trust?

Eilsa's POV.

I was curled up on my bed, listening to some 'Bullet for my valentine,' it always helped drown out the anger and shouting of my parents, whom argued a lot, it blocked out the other kids at the orphanige, and blocked out my thoughts.

I just wanted to be loved, but I am so scared of letting someone near me, I don't want to have my heart broken again. I felt one single tear role down my cheek as I thought of Tom, and what he has given me, what he's trying to do for me. But yet he wants me to go on a plane, I can't go on planes, my uncle and aunt went on a plane, and they never got off of it, due to stupid terrerist bomings.

I missed living in scottland, with my real friends, but then we moved down to London, where I never fit in, and then one year later, lost my parents. Every thing I loved has been taken. And I can't risk going on a plane, I can't risk losing Tom on the plane, the only one who I thought, actually cared for my well being. But could I trust him?

A knock at the door caught me of guard and I may have accidently fell on the floor, making a loud bang sound. I grouned loudly at the sudden pain in my shoulder from where I had jared it  falling.

I looked up to see Tom open the door, a slightly amused, yet shocked look apon his face, that only made me frown.

"It's not funny." I winned getting up from the floor, I reached for my iPod which was laying disguared on the floor, I paused the music before looking at Tom with a questioning face as he tryed not to laugh.

"I'm sorry." He mannaged to say, regaining his earlier calmness. "I was wondering, how you are doing?" He asked still standing by the door, not knowing if he should enter or not.

"Im fine, just fine." I said sarcasticly, rubbing my quickly bruising shoulder.

"Well ok then." Tom said back, looking past my sarcasum, I made a 'really' face at him. "You room, seems empty." He just stated, but put some enfesiss into the fact that it was my room.

"What do you propose?" I asked back to my bored tone as I sat down onto the bed, looking at Tom questioningly. I was still mad about the sudden trip to America that we will be taking, but I didn't want to think of that right now.

"Well, maybe a late night shopping spree is needed?" He asked, glancing around the dull room, I shrugged thinking it was a good idea. My mother used to take me on late night shopping spree's.

"Err, well, I guess?" I half asked, not really wanting to seem like I was spoiled, even though I am completely not.

"Good, cool, I'll get my coat, come on." Tom said overly excited, we haven't really spent much time together, to get to know each other, becasue of me.

"Ok." I whisper, I'm feeling much more open than I have been latly, like im willing to let Tom into my life, but I still don't know if I can trust anyone, every again.

I got up from my bed putting my iPod into my pocket and grabbing my wallet which had Iron man on the front, I had brought it the day I got arrested. I grabbed my black zip up hoddie which the scottish flag across the back, which my friends had gotton me so I wouldn't forget them. I walked out to see Tom putting on his trainers, like a normal person, instead of how I do it which consists of trying to stand up and get one size to small trainers onto my feet and then falling over. Normally, on the accasonal time I had seen him go out side, wore a suit out but now was wearing jeans and a hoddie. I put on my convers quickly, like a normal person this time, before heading out the door after Tom.

Tom took the stairs with me, knowing my fear, and it was actually quite fun to race down the stairs with Tom, or though his long legs gave him an advantage. He of course won.

I haven't laughed since my parents where alive, and I didn't plan to laugh now or any time soon, but I did smile and Tom noticed.

"I love your smile." He said, I blushed and looked away, ashamed yet embaressed. I didn't know how to feel, I didn't really know if I wanted Tom in my life, yet when he says stuff like that, I find myself warming to him. "Don't feel embaressed." Tom said, putting a hand on my back and leading me out the door of the stair well.

Once out side, we got into his nice posh car, only now did I realise it was a jaguar, how could I have missed that.

"Wow, you have a jag?" I half asked but only as a whisper.

"You havent noticed?" He asked amused, I shook my head. "Do you like jags?" He asked, I decided to speak this time.

"I adore jags, my parents used to have one." I answered, my voice breaking slightly as I remembered my parents jag, and what it had caused.

"Thats a sweet story, are you okay?" He asked as he started the engin.

"Yeah, Im just.. It's just, I don't want to talk about it." I stuttered, Tom noticed my uncomfot.

"Hey it's okay, you can tell me anything or nothing, I won't judge. Im only here to support you, darling." My heart skiped a beat as I heard him call me darling, my fathers nickname for me. But I liked the way it sounded coming from Tom.

"It's just that my parents had a jaguar, we drove it down from scottland to our new home in London, but a man pulled out in front of us, my dad paniced and ended up crashing the car, I broke my leg and my parents went into a massive argument that nearly made them have a divorse." I said, gazing out the window, it wasn't raining as per usual.

"Darling, I'm so sorry." Tom managed to get out as his reasuring hand came down onto my my shoulder, rubbing it, making me feel warm and loved, knowing I could always count on him to be hear, but am I ready to let someone into my life again, to trust someone?

The rest of the drive was silent, I just looked out the window, mornfully, missing my parents. But as soon as we pulled up to the mall, I pushed those thoughts out of my head, trying to focus on having a little fun with Tom.