Chapter 8 - Change

At last I have updated! Well chapter 8, i think, is up! Wooh, ok so Im taking my choices in school now so there will be a lot of not updating, so yes this was late but the others will be later.... Sorry, but Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8 - Change

Tom's POV.

I woke up to the tv playing some show I wasn't familiar with, I felt a weight on my right shoulder which turned out to be Eilsa. She was sleeping peacefully on my shoulder, she looked so happy when she slept with her eyes closed lightly and her mouth partly open. I switched off the tv and then remembered why I had it on in the first place. Eilsa kept waking up in the night, screaming and struggling, I managed to calm her each time so I put the tv and lights on so when she woke up it wouldn't be dark and scary for her.

I got up from the sofa and laid Eilsa down on it, we had fell asleep on the sofa last night. I walked over to the kitchen and made eggs, bacon, waffles and pancakes. I wasn't much of a cook but I could cook simple things.

Eilsa started to stir as I was surving up the food.

"Good morning." I said happily as she say up with a grown.

"What time is it?" She asked sleepily.

"6:30." I replied grabbing some orange juice.

" I slept all day?!" She asked shocked.

"No 6 in the morning." I said laughing a little.

"Why did you people hate sleep?" She asked and lay back down so she could go back to sleep.

"Ah no, come on get up, breakfast is ready." I said, I pored two glasses of orange juice and brought the plates to the mini table that was between the tv and sofa.

"No want sleep." Eilsa said in short hand, I pulled the pillow off of her face, she sat up sleepily.

Eilsa picked up a plate and begun to eat the scrambled eggs.

"That's what happens when you don't burn them." I said motioning to the eggs that she seemed to be enjoying. 

"Yeah yeah." She said in return sounding annoyed at my mocking.

After she had eaten what she wanted, leaving the bacon which I thought all teenagers liked, she went to get ready for the day like me.

Once I was ready, dressed in a white shirt an blue waist coat and some dress trousers and dress shoes. I walked out to the lounge to wait for Eilsa, but she was already there and dressed in grey jeans and a black blouse shirt.

"You look great." I said, trying to complement her with out seeming creepy.

"You don't look to bad your self." She replied happy for once, but didn't smile, I don't think I have seen her smile since I met her.  "So what are we going to do today." She asked seeming happier then she is usually.

"I don't know, do you want to go to town?" I asked  putting the dishes into the dish washer.

"Um ok..." She murmured seeming unsure if the idea.

"Don't worry about the police." I said reassuringly, she rubbed her eye which only now did I notice was bruised.

"Believe me, that's not what I was worried about." She whispered but loud enough for me to hear. I walked over to he and moved her struggling hands away from her black eye to look at it better.

"It's nothing." Eilsa whinnied trying to get me away but unsuccessfully.

"Eilsa you should put some ice on this." I replied with a concerned face.

"No! I've had worse just please don't touch me." She said quietly, what had happened to this girl in the past, I didn't want to ask incase she got upset again.

"Ok..." I replied stepping away from her, my hands up in surrender. "Let's go." I said trying to change the mood, I moved towards the door and opened it, Eilsa hesitantly followed after me.

After a fairly awkward car ride to the mall I parked the car and got out simultaneously to Eilsa.

"So where would you like to go?" I asked walking next to her toward mall doors.

"Umm, comic book store." She said edging away from me, obviously not wanting to get so close so fast.

"Ok, you know where it is?" I asked completely unaware there was a comic book store here.

"Yeah I went there yesterday." She replied looking through the shops glass windows.

When we went into the little store and all the guys in there looked at me in disbelief.

"Um, hi?" I half asked the nerdy guys who where staring at me and Eilsa, I pulled her close to me to protect her from then but she seemed to struggle. These guys creeped me out.

"Hey Russell!" Eilsa called to a man who stood at the back if the store, he wasn't staring and seemed safer then the creepy dudes.

"Russell?" I asked Eilsa, the man started to walk towards her with a smile in her face.

"He's a friend." She replied quietly before turning to Russell. "Hey Russell this is Tom." She said to the man, I shock his hand.

After a while of chatting to Russell and shopping we went home.

"Oh hey, I signed you up to the local high school, you start tomorrow." I said parking the car.

"What?!" She asked loudly, almost stricken by my statement.

"I signed you up for school." I replied, not understanding why she was shocked, well I new why I just didn't know why she was this shocked.

"And what was wrong with the school I go to?" She asked loudly.

"Nothing I just thought that this one would give you a better education and a chance to make new friends, also its nearer to home so if i'm un able to pick you up one day its not far to walk." I stated desperatly trying to come up with good ideas to win the rising argument.

"I liked my old school, and this is your home, not mine." She stated getting out of the car and slaming the door behind her, why was she reacting like this, It's only a school?

Eilsa's POV.

I can't believe he's signing me up for school, I liked my other school, well I didn't like it I was just used to it. I mean if he can change my school and my home, then it's like hes changing me, one little change and you can change a person for life.  It's like he's trying to change my life.

I stormed up the stairs to the front of the apartment where I waited for Tom to unlock the door, god he was taking forever. I sunk down to the floor of the hall way and waited, my head resting on my knees which where hunched up to my chest and being huged by my arms.

I don't want to change anymore about myself, even if it is this small, I want to go back to how it used to be, with mum and dad.