When we were done eating, we threw away our garbage then got ready to go our separate ways.

"If you need anything, just call me okay?" Mom said.

"Okay" I said quietly.

"Can we go to the toy store now?" Elijah said pulling on Mom's arm.

"Yes, we can go to the toy store now" Dad said with a laugh and we went our separate ways.

Sara and I walked around the mall. I found a pair of sandals that I liked so I go them. Sara found a few pairs of shorts and a tank top. This wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. She hasn't brought up anything from the wedding and I was happy about that.

We made our way around the Mall and ended up running into Mom, Dad and Elijah.

"Hey guys, you found something you like?" Mom asked me.

"Yeah, a pair of shoes" I said and Dad laughed.

"Just like your mother" he said.

"I found a pair of shoes too" she said. We were right next to the Cold Stone shop so we went in and got some ice cream.

We sat at a table inside the shop and ate had a decent conversation. Then Sara looked passed Mom with a horrified look.

"I'm going to be right back" she said worriedly and Mom and Dad nodded. I wasn't sure what she saw until I saw her approach a woman and I knew exactly who that was. I started freaking out.

"Oh my God" I whispered.

"What's wrong?" Mom asked.

"It's her" I said.

"Who?" She asked and turned around to see who I was looking at.

"That's her mom" I said trying to freak out and not raise my voice.

"That's Sara's mom?" Dad asked getting a little angry.

"Yeah" I said.

We looked over at them again and she was approaching us, but Sara was trying to stop her from coming to us.

"Mom, stop it" Sara said.

"Stay here Em" Mom said and her and Dad got up and walked out of the shop. I stayed back with Elijah. He didn't seem to be bothered by what was going on, which was good. I gave him my phone to keep him distracted from what Mom and Dad are doing.

"Why the hell is your kid continuing to mess up my daughter's life?" Laura said.

"Excuse me?" Mom said annoyed.

"We put her in foster care so she wouldn't screw up my daughter's life anymore" Laura said.

"I am so sorry" Sara said to my parents and waving her hands.

"First of all, our daughter didn't mess anyone's life up and second of all. Sara didn't screw her life up by having her. So stop telling our daughter that she was a mistake because she is far from it." Dad let out a huff. "You know what, I feel sorry for you that you don't see how amazing she really is because you are so narrow minded and only think about yourself." He added.

"That kid is brainwashing my daughter into thinking that she should have kept her. I've read a bunch of stories about kids who get adopted and find their biological parents so they can get a bunch of money" Laura said.

"That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard" Mom said.

"Emma doesn't need Sara's money. No offence to you Sara" Dad started and Sara waved it off like she wasn't offended, "but we make a whole lot more that she does." He said.

Having A PlaceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara