Jimi

After the New Year, things started to calm down a bit. We are going to be a home until April, when the tour starts back up. We are going to work on our next album which will be our sixth album. We're going to spend a lot of time in the studio writing and recording. It will be nice to be home for a long period of time to give the kids a little bit of stability for a while and get used to the new house and stuff, and Emma can practice for her talent show. Emma starts homeschooling again today with Maggie. Maggie has been a huge help with our family. She also offered to be Elijah's nanny when we're out on the road when she's not working with Emma. She's basically part of the family.

Its 7:30 and Karen and I just woke up. Karen went to get Elijah ready for the day and I got Emma up. I walked into her room and turned her light on and she jumped.

"Are you trying to blind me?" she asked in a groggy voice.

"Just trying to get you out of bed" I said and chuckled.

"What time is it?" she asked.

"7:30" I replied.

"Why do I have to get up so early" she said and buried her face in her pillow.

"Because Maggie will be here in an hour and you have to take a shower and get dressed for the day" I said. She didn't move.

"Emma, come on, get up and get in the shower" I said. No movement.

"Don't make me come over there" I said. Still no movement.

"Alright, you asked for it" I said and walked over to her. I pulled her blankets down and started tickling her. That got her moving.

"Alright, alright I'm up" she said while laughing.

"Alright, now get in the shower" I said and she rolled herself out of bed and walked into her bathroom. I went downstairs and got breakfast started. I decided to make the kids eggs. I pulled out the eggs from the fridge and got out a bowl. I cracked some eggs and mixed them up. I added some salt, pepper and cheese. I put a frying pan on the stove and turned it on. Once it was hot enough I poured the eggs in and started cooking them.

About ten minutes later, I see Karen walk down the stairs with Elijah on her hip.

"I think I smell breakfast cooking" Karen said to Elijah.

"It smells yummy" Elijah said and the two of them came into the kitchen. Karen set Elijah down on his stool and got herself a cup of coffee.

"Thanks for making breakfast, babe" she said.

"No problem" I said and kissed her.

"Did you get Emma up and in the shower?" she asked.

"Yep, she put up a little fight, but nothing a little tickling couldn't take care of" I said with a laugh.

About fifteen minutes later, Emma came to the kitchen and sat down.

"Hungry?" I asked her as I just finished the eggs.

"Is that even a question" she said with a giggle. I served Emma and Elijah some eggs. Then I made a plate for Karen and myself.

"Thanks babe" she said as I handed her the plate. We all ate our breakfast in the kitchen. We finished up breakfast a little bit before 8:30. Then we heard Maggie come inside.

"Morning Maggie" Karen said cheerfully.

"Morning" she said with a smile.

"We have some eggs left if you want some" I said.

Having A PlaceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara