Jimi

I watched Sara walk down the driveway. I cannot believe the nerve of that woman. I cannot believe that she showed up on our doorstep asking to see Emma after I specifically told her to stay away. I can't believe she actually thought she was going to get visitation rights after she dumped Emma to social services the day she was born. And then she has the nerve to ask us for visitation. Is she blind? Can she not see that Emma doesn't want her here? This whole thing makes my blood boil.

How can one woman cause so much pain to so many people? She's hurting Emma in so many ways and she doesn't even realize it. Karen is so worried about losing Emma. It kills me to see my wife and daughter so upset. There is literally nothing I can do to make it better either. I just want to take all the pain away from Karen and Emma and I can't. That's what is so hard.

I walked upstairs to check on Elijah to make sure he was still playing in his room and then check on Karen and Emma. I walked by Emma's room and saw Karen sitting on her bed with Emma curled up next to her in tears. It breaks my heart seeing them like that.

I walked down to Elijah's room and opened to door. He was playing with his trains, happy as can be.

"Hey bud" I said.

"Hi Daddy. When is Mama coming back to play trains with me?" he asked.

"Mama is a little busy right now. Why don't you ask her after dinner" I said.

"Okay" he said and went back to what he was doing.

I walked back down the hallway and into Emma's room. Karen was sitting with her back against the headboard with her chin resting on the top of Emma's head. Emma had her head resting on the front of her shoulder and was crying her eyes out. Karen had her one arm wrapped around Emma's back and was running her fingers through her hair with the other. Karen looked like she was about to fall apart. This whole scene in front of me is breaking my heart. I walked over to the bed and sat down. There was enough space next to Karen for me to sit down. Karen looked up at me with such sad eyes. I haven't seen that look since she was with Mark. I wrapped my arm around her and she leaned into me. I kissed her temple and just sat there with them until Emma calmed down.

"Is she trying to take me? Tell me the truth" Emma asked after a few minutes. Karen looked at me, not knowing how to answer that.

"Well...Umm... She went and saw a lawyer about getting visitation rights, but her lawyer said that she can't get anything just like ours said." I said.

"Then why did she show up?" she asked and lifted her head and looked at me.

"She wanted to ask us if she could see you" I said.

"I don't want to see her" she said getting a little upset.

"We know, that's why we told her to leave and not come back." I said.

"Do you think she's going to come back?" she asked.

"I hope not" Karen said trying to hold back the tears.

"Hopefully she got the picture that you don't want her around" I said.

We sat there for a few more minutes and Emma started to calm down a bit.

"How was your day with Gracie?" Karen asked tying to lighten the mood.

"It was really fun. Faith took us to the mall and then out to lunch. Then we went to some shops downtown" She said.

"That sounds like fun" Karen said.

"It was. Where's Elijah?" she asked.

"In his room playing trains" I said.