Jimi

I left to go get Emma's prescription from CVS. I pulled up and went inside. It wasn't very busy, so I was helped right away. They got everything together and I paid the difference that wasn't covered by insurance, which was about twelve dollars. That definitely beats paying the full price.

I left CVS and drove to Phillip and Becky's. I pulled in their driveway and walked up to the front door. I knocked and Phillip opened the door.

"Hey Jimi, how's Emma doing?" He asked.

"She's in a lot of pain, but she's getting better." I said and we made our way over to the couch.

"I'm just glad we finally got to take her home" I added.

"That's great" Phillip said.

"I just feel so bad for her because she is in so much pain and then when she was moved to recovery she had to stay overnight by herself." I said.

"She was in good hands" he said.

"I know she was. She just looked so scared and she was in so much pain and there was nothing I could do to fix it" I said. Becky came in and joined us in the living room.

"I can't even imagine what you and Karen are going through" he said.

"I can't even describe how horrible it was when the doctor came out and told us that Emma might bleed out and that they were going to do the best they could. They weren't even sure if she would make it. It was so hard sitting in that waiting room not knowing if our daughter was alive or not and I had to do my best not to fall apart because Karen needed me to hold her together." I said. I had my elbows on my knees and I put my head in my hands.

They both looked at me with sympathy in their eyes.

"I have been trying so hard to stay strong for Karen because she is trying to stay strong for Emma and it's just really hard. It's so hard to see my little girl in so much pain and then see my wife almost fall apart at the seams because she is trying to stay strong for our daughter" I said and inhaled a deep breath to keep myself composed.

"Jimi, it's okay to fall apart. You all have been through something traumatic. It wasn't just Emma, it was all of you. You don't have to be strong for everyone all the time" Becky said. We heard, what sounded like a heard of elephants come down the stairs and run into the living room where we were and we all laughed. Elijah and Penelopi made their way into the living room.

"Daddy!" Elijah yelled when he saw me.

"Hey little man" I said and gave him a hug.

"Do you have all of your stuff to go home?" I asked.

"Uh huh" he said.

"Thank you guys so much for keeping him here for the past few days" I said.

"It's no problem Jimi" Becky said and I smiled at them.

"E, go get your shoes on" I said and he ran to his shoes.

"Thanks again for everything guys" I said with a smile and gave them each a hug.

"No problem. We hope Emma gets better soon" Phillip said.

Elijah and I headed to the car. I got him buckled in his car seat and then I pulled out of their driveway.

"Can we get Emma a present?" he asked as I was driving.

"Sure bud, what were you thinking?" I asked.

"A bear from Build-A-Bear" he said.

"That sounds like a great idea" I said and looked at him in the rearview mirror.