“Just a few blocks, I’m almost there, Mom” I replied. She hung up after saying goodbye and not before telling me to drive safely. How could I not drive safely? When I was not even moving? I scoffed. Damn!

I few more minutes I was throwing my key to the Valet who wore a blinding red and black uniform, and was already drooling at the sight of my car.

Take that! You’re not the only one, boy!

“Take care of her, kid!” I said to the guy and he smiled at me while bobbing his head up and down furiously. He’ll probably break his neck.  I always get that reaction

“Yes, Sir! This one’s precious” he said in awe. I continue my way up until the front dodging these pains in the ass paparazzi!

Mason here, Mason that… those redundant questions were kept thrown on me. I got used to it, just held your head high, smile and ignore them and viola! I passed them without getting any juicy insides.

         I was greeted by a lady; I glanced down on her nametag. Beatrice. She must be in her early fifties. I gave her my invitation. I don’t really know why they needed to put your name on the guest list, what if an emergency happen suddenly? And you couldn’t attend or whatsoever and you just send someone. That would be a disaster and humiliating.

“Good evening sir, you are just on time for the dinner” She said smiling up on me. I smiled in return and I was about to turn around and continue my journey when she called my name again.

“Sir Wilder” I glanced at her curiously? What now? Don’t say she’s also attracted to me? Fuck! I didn’t even put my charm on. Jeez! She's old  for m---

“You need to out on your mask before you enter the main hall. It’s a protocol and he’s your number, you’ll need it, Sir” She interrupted me while pointing at my hand where I held my mask and handing me a #69. What are the odds?

I tried not to chuckle when she gave me the number. I know what you’re thinking. You cannot blame me, I’m a smoking hot teenager with a raging hormones and I got a few shares of my sexual innuendo.

I nodded and put on the mask. I tried not to roll my eyes. Masquerade? Seriously? Are we in a fucking Fairy tale?

I reached my destination, it’s quite easy to find the location with the loud chattering and those melodramatic songs that were playing, and you wouldn’t get lost.

I saw my family on one of the tables near the stage with a few waiters assisting them on they’re foods. I walk towards them; I immediately caught the sight of the other people around the table.

Hmm?

          There was a two lady, both wearing the skimpiest dress I’ve ever seen. I could really see their boobs were about to fall out of they’re top. Yuck

        I diverted my attention on two other human beings. A girl in a black and white dress with matching black feathered mask. Her hair was formed in a messy bun but elegant. Few tendrils were falling on each sides of her face and I suddenly had the surge to tucked those tendrils behind her ears and---

W…wait!? What? Where did that come from? Jezz! I need to get a grip!

What’s with the thoughts? I look at her again; she’s busy eying the foods that were being served. Even with the dimmed lights and that mask covering the top of her face, I could see her eyes lit up like a kid on a Christmas day. Weird?