Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Louise Ysabel Saclolo

Elizabeth's POV

~*~ 

I glance down at the dress in my hand and released a sigh of relief. At last! Folding it neatly and putting it down on a paper bag and throwing at back seat of my car. I reach for my jeans and a Packers T-shirt and put it on. I glance at the time on my car and it says 7:30am.

Great! I still have some time to walk at the grounds of our school. The famous “Greenwood High” school for the rich and the bitch! Hey that rhymes!

I took off my heels and instead slip into my converse. Looking at myself onto the side mirror and I’m off to go! I roughly pulled my hoodie and backpack at the passenger side and step out my car. I slip my hoodie and sling one strap on my shoulder. I press the alarm button and stuffed it in my secret pocket at back of my bag where no one could find.

I sigh loudly and look at my surroundings…

“Another day, on the hellhole…”

I started to walk aimlessly while listening to my favorite band 5 seconds of summer’s new song “Wherever you are” They are pretty cool Australian band and  they’ve caught people’s attention with their songs.

The school grounds are in my sight in just a couple of minutes, as I continue to listen to the song.

“Torn in two
And I know I shouldn't tell you
But I just can't stop thinking of you

Wherever you are
Yo—“

As I softly hum the lyrics… I accidentally bumped into something and I fall in my butt in the process. Sending my IPod flying with its earplugs attached on it. Oh no!

“Watch where you going loser!” Someone yelled at me. Glancing at the direction of the voice. I notice that I bumped into someone. And it’s the school’s precious quarterback and one of the coolest and richest kid in the school. None other than, Mason Wilder. His dad, Mr. Daniel Wilder owns several hotels around the country and as well as his wife. 

Great! Way too go, you just made your life more miserable el! I snapped at myself

“Sorry” I hurriedly stand and pick the items that fell and as I tried to pick up my IPod, someone beats me to it.

“Well well, look what we have here? An IPod eh?” Mason asked me and smirk at his back where his team mates and clique were.

Not again!

“Ooh! The Loser has a new gadget! Or should I say had?” One of his friends, Nick snickered at me.

And as if I sense a déjà vu, Mason throws my Ipod at the farthest he can, as if he was throwing a football.

My IPod shatters into million pieces as it hit a tree. Like how my heart shatters.

“Bro, that one was hell!” Nick yelled patting Mason on the back.

My temper rose but I still held my ground. I don’t want to start a fight, not with these losers. And clearly they are not worth my time.

“New gadget huh?” Mason laughs as well as the group.

I felt my eyes starts to sting but I quickly raise my head and held my tears at bay…

I am not going to cry… I am not going to cry I said to myself.

I stare at Mason and I wish he could change. He’s parents are sweet and caring while he is an asshole.

“What? Cat got your tongue?” He asked as Mia, his on and off girlfriend approach us with her minions.

“Hey Eliphant! What are you doing with my boyfriend? Trying to seduce him with your fatness?” She said sarcastically. Yeah, that’s Mia Horton, richest among the bitch. Her dad owns 4 restaurants in this place. And as you clearly heard what she said. they call me Eliphant, because my name is Elizabeth and they say I am big like an elephant.

As I look at the pair. They look so fucking perfect together. A bitch and an asshole. Both running the school as if they are the Queen and King of the United Kingdom. Yeah Right

I broke my eye contact with Mason, and just start walking with my head low. Sigh, why did I forgot to keep my IPod? Right, because I was aimlessly listening to a certain band and lost in the song.

 ~*~

As I reach my locker, I saw my friend. I mean only friend leaning at my locker.

“Oh Jesus! El what the hell?” Louise, my best friend since childhood whisper yelled at me.

“Hey that rhymes!” I say dodging the subject.

“Yeah, you know me… Hey! Don’t change the subject. I saw what the Wilder guy done to you” She said. “Yeah yeah, He throw my IPod and it broke on the process, end of the story” I said throwing my hands in the air as I put my locker code and pulling my books out of the locker.

“Goddamn it El! Why don’t you fight back? And hello?? Please change your clothes back.” She said motioning on what I was wearing.

“You know I cannot do it.” I said with finality on my voice.

She just sighs and put an arm around my shoulder as we walk down the hallways of the Greenwood High.

“But next time when I see those pricks, I’am gonna slap them silly!” She said pointing at her hand on the process and I just laugh at her because the truth is she cannot even talk to them.

“Oh really?”

“Really really” She said as he puffed her chest. She's waering a  her yellow sundress with black flats and a shoulder bag. Her hair is swiftly flowing behind her shoulders as the wind swipes it off.

“Well, oh look Mason and Mia are coming!” I said as faking my afraid voice as I point at nothing and she began to look at her surrounding nervously.

“Wh-what? Where? Shit!” I just burst out laughing at her as she starts to hide behind me. Well?

“Why you little?!” She said muttered annoyingly but I just laugh at our childish way.

 The bell rang suddenly indicating that our first period where about to start any minute. We continued to walk as we made our way to our first period still laughing and avoiding meeting the popular clique.

 Senior year at Greenwood. Last year, finally! I few months more and I’ll left this hellhole and I’ll revealed who I am. But not this time. Some day… some day Elizabeth Jones… I whispers to myself

~*~

A/N Hello, this is my second story and I hope you guys read this :)

Mason Wilder at the side ------------------------------------------------>