chapter 8

"My name is Sarah and I am basils daughter"

It was silent for a moment. ..I was waiting for their reaction...I couldn't hold it back any longer I had to tell them my truth I felt a bit relieved that they knew I was family.

And then the explosion happened..not a literal one haha jeez...like everyone kinda exploded. Ppl started shouting some blaming me some asking how dare I come here while the teens just kept on asking what's happening until a booming voice entered silencing everyone in the room "how dare u enter my house?" ...that was the grandpa.

I almost teared up...from happiness this is the guy who I have heard wonderful things about from Uncle Ali and his friends. I knew he was tough and everyone never failed to mention how scared they were when he was mad.

But I was tough and stubborn and I stood up. I met his eyes and said loudly and confidentially

"I know you kicked your son out grandfather, and I completely understand your reasons. But don't blame his mistakes on me. Don't make me not see my own family and suffer with him I promise you this With my life that I am not here to take anything from anyone. 

I just came here to clear things up and maybe even gain the love I have always wanted from my family...I came here to feel safe and protected by the people who I could call family with your approval first grandfather. " I had to show respect to the man and elder;y of the house nothing here goes without hi say so if I wanted to be accepted I need to show him that I respect him and be open.

 "I want to explain my reasons with your approval and I want to be a part of your family with your approval but let me tell you one thing, I will no way in hell give up on you guys until you hear my full story. Especially the ppl who raised basil." 

By the end of this I was close to tears I was confident yet scared with love yet anxiety and hatred towards my father which I don't want to show so I wouldn't offend anybody.  I wanted to show them that I am not that easy to give up and that I respect the head of house decision but it should be reasonable and I won't leave here until he gives me a reasonable explanation.

"You!" he sound his voice booming even tho he wasn't shouting it seemed to just travel into my core and everyone else. "YOU," he said again a bit louder as he lowly stood tall and walked lowly towards me as if challenging me.

"How dare you speak to me like this? How dare you demand things as we owe u anything. u r nobody to us, you are made of haram and maybe that is not your fault" he was right in front of me at this point, he was breathing heavily with anger fire in his eyes.

" but certainly you will not be accepted here, you devil child." he ended

I stood there shocked my mouth gaping I was frozen shaking as tears fell down my face in silent streams. " but I am your blood, shouldn't that count for something," I said with a quivering voice ready to bolt. I knew this will be hard I knew I was going to hear terrible things but I didn't think it will be this early; not before I got a chance to speak.

"YOU, are nothing to us and I will not accept you in my household EVER, for me to end up in hell for accepting something as filthy you." he squinted his eyes at me and lowered himself toward my ear still looking into my eyes. "LEAVE!" his voice boomed.

I wanted to run it was the right thing to run but they were good they seemed good they just need to hear me out, what's the worst that could happen.

"no," I said quietly shocking him and myself. I sooo didn't expect this to come out of me I should wait and come another day I should just let it go and come back to win them over a different way. but it happened I had to stand my ground I had to think of my sister.

"What?" he said standing up straighter now.

"No," I found loudly this time. everyone heard and stared at me with shock; I even heard a couple of gasps. I saw the man in the suit wince and take a step back from his position behind his father ready to aid him. 

I saw it coming, his hand moving to rise and going to fall on my cheek. This happened to me so many times, I've been accustomed to it to the point where I barely feel it, I've been accustomed to the point where I know how to not make it hurt but yet give the person the satisfaction of hitting me. I could have stopped him but I didn't wanna disrespect him more. 

So I rolled my shoulder in preparation relaxed my face and looked him straight in the eye before his hand contacted my cheek, as harp sting in my face. I didn't even flinch I just straightened my face again my palm was by my side in fits holding myself back from doing anything.

that seemed to get him even madder, I saw his hand from the corner of my eyes as it raised again. I cant see it coming but was ready for it. and as I felt the air whoosh into my face I realized that the grandma has stopped his hand before it landed on my face. She was holding his hand. and everyone behind them took a step back. 

"You will not hit our guest again, yes she might be blood, but she entered here as a guest and if you are so afraid of hell, this right here I a one-way ticket. so help me god if u raise your hand again, I will personally make sure to take u there and join you to torture you even more," I looked shocked as the grandma spoke. 

I was in awe of her, I didn't know what to say I was speechless and silent tears started streaming down my face again. everyone was silent, waiting as the grandpa looked at me angrily as he processed his wife's words. his hand still in her as she held it while she was staring straight into his face unwavering. 

He started lowering his hands took a step back and the grandma pulled me into a short embrace then held my face in the palms of her hands. "you look just like my boy, how is he?" she looked with a kind soft smile. 

everyone was still in shock the grandpa was still standing reeling with anger with very breath. and she was just asking me like she made her own happy bubble like no one was around us asking about her horrible son. at that point, i envied my father for having such a wonderful mother. so I cried more gasping for air this time. no one has ever shown this kind of affection and I didn't know how to bear it. 

I answered her barely able to talk," h-he is.. is .. is .. ok " that's what I could say. I wanted to hug her but I was so near breaking point. I was afraid to move I wanted to use the restroom to collect myself but was afraid to break the bubble. the bubble was nice it had her kind green eyes at me. a look of sadness in them as a soft smile wrinkled her white hair. she wore it like it was her bride, he was beautiful.

with the corner of my eye, I saw the grandpa move back words and he started walking away back into the house, there was so much hate in his eyes, but it didn't look like it was towards me. 

"Honey, come back to us again for dinner during the weekend, let make this up for you."

I started to speak before she harshly shook her hand raised her hand and said "it's not a question you will come habibty"

A/N: Woah! that was hectic damn I didn't expect her to straight say no to the man of the house I totally could have made that as a terrible twist,

 and oh gosh the sweet grandma asking her for dinner, I also didn't see that one coming, i wonder what will happen this.

so we met a lot of new people today what do u guys do this o far?

this chapter was long but fun and dramatic, I am terrible at capital I write without looking I'm in my own world in my own train of thoughts. I try my best to fox mistakes but if you guys spot any pl do leave o in the comments.

TELL ME what you think and don't forget to VOTE!!!