º17º

Chapter 17

Lucy waited eagerly to hear Juvia's reply

Juvia smiles "I've been waiting for you to say that since I got here "

Lucy breaths a sigh of relief. She had thought that her friend had lost all hope in life, forgotten her home, about what the demons had done to her. On the contrary, Juvia had been plotting constantly throughout her days of working but she kept these ideas to herself.

Whilst cleaning Juvia had gotten to see the rest of the Castle and had pin pointed many blind spots that were easy to get to. She was a princess trained in strategy in her early teens and now she had a chance to show her mother and father how much she had learnt then she could move further with her plans to revive Atlantis to its former glory.

"So how?-" Lucy begun

"Ladies, Ladies" Ultear calls directing all attentions to herself

The room falls silent as all the maids gazed at the lavishly dressed queen and bowed.

"I'm glad to see that you all have been on your best behavior it is somewhat commendably compared to your usual demeanor" she grins "Tomorrow his Majesty will be having a meeting with the lords and each of you will be required to emulate the Demon kingdom's unfailing status for obedience"

Juvia scoffs however it catches Ultear's keen ears "Would you like to say something Seizon-sha nomi "

That struck Juvia hard. She couldn't have been the only mermaid left. Someone must have escaped, must be alive other than her that had survived and is also seeking vengeance.

When Juvia didn't reply with a witty comment Ultear called it a night and dismissed the girls.

***********************

Lucy and Juvia were currently in their room piecing together an escape.

"There are two exits, The main gate and the woods. Obviously we can not go through the front gate but the only problem is we don't really know what's in the woods." Juvia started marking two large 'X' on a piece of parchment she stole from Porlyusica's office one on either side of the blank paper

"I've heard that their monsters in there and its like a maze" Lucy commented

"So I heard as well that's where we had a loss however there is a carriage that comes here often and delivers food stuff from the market I think, its large enough to fit two persons in the back"

"But even if its large enough how can we go around all the guards, Ultear is watching you like a hawk and Nastu will notice if I'm not there"

"That's why I thank the gods for this meeting they are having, the lords and Their Majesties will be so busy with the meeting they wouldn't miss a hair on our head"

Lucy's features lit up for a short while but fell suddenly "Juvia-"

Juvia squeezes Lucy's hand lightly "We'll be fine, don't stress it okay"

Lucy looks into Juvia's blue eyes and sighed before nodding

"So this is what we'll do-"

Knock Knock

"Girls I'm coming in!" Porlyusica says

Lucy and Juvia jumped up. Juvia wasted no time in slipping the piece of parchment under the pillow making sure it was well hidden. She trusted Porlyusica in some way but she refused to risk this chance of freedom.

Porlyusica stood and the door with her hands clasped infront of her, she stares between the two girls before resting on Juvia " His majesty requests you" she states simply

"Porlyusica turns and walks away expecting Juvia to follow. As Juvia steps forward Lucy grabs her wrists

"Behave" she warns "We don't want him throwing you in a cell"

" ll try" Juvia laughs

*

Juvia drew heavy feet behind Porlyusica. She was always many steps ahead but Juvia found it hard to keep up. Porlyusica was just carrying out an order made by the King while Juvia might be being delivered to her untimely death, how could she walk fast.

Porlyusica takes Juvia to an office and left her inside. Juvia could feel sweat trailing down her arms and face, Gray was a Demon, The King of demons, his power exceeded all, she had every right to be afraid of the man.

What if she made a run for it?

Maybe she could pretend to faint and find refuge somewhere?

Lyon, maybe?

No she'd just get him in trouble too?

'Just turn back and stop questioning the unanswered' she told herself

She turns tries the door...Locked

"You shouldn't be surprised" She hears his deep voice chuckle

Juvia's grip loosens from around the door knob and she slowly turns to be greeted by the sight of Gray standing in his shirtless glory.

'Doesn't he own a shirt?' she wonderes

"Come here " He orders her with a gesture of his fingers

Juvia takes slow steps to her captor and pauses 3 feet away.

"Sit"

"Where?"

"On the floor...Now!" He says with much force

Juvia shakes and forces herself to kneel on the ground.

Why does he constantly hurt her pride? She feels this is as much as her fault as it is his , she could refuse his order, but to what end.

He grabs a chair and places it in front of Juvia. Grays sits with arms folded as he stared down at the princess, he then takes out three stones from his pocket and places it between them.

Gray leans back in his chair "I'm going to ask you some questions and each time I feel like you're lying to me you'll lose a stone, if you lose all three stones, I'll hurt you and the cycle will continue"

What questions could he ask her, what is he so curious about.

"Understand?"

She looks at him curiously before nodding

"Is your name Juvia Locksar?"

"Yes, it is"

"Were you born in Atlantis?"

"Yes, I was"

"See. Not so hard. Next question. Are you the princess of Atlantis?"

"Yes, I am"

Gray smirks "Sorry wrong answer"

*************
*********
*********

A/N

Me and my late updates Don't kill me 😅

I find myself continuously apologizing for this and I will try my best to Update. Every time I see you guys comment Update O feel like I'm slacking in my work.

I'll try to update sooner with many loveable chapters (°^°) √ Fighting*

*The Japanese word Seizon-sha nomi means last survivor in other words only one left.