Ryo-nii and Harucchi

Sora POV

Ryo-nii is cruel, ruthless, and scary. I shouldn't allow this, should I? I'm just as awful if I let Ryo-nii do all of these terrible things.

When I said Ryo-nii's always been like this, I guess I could say that I'm lying to myself. It's been so long that it really does feel like he's always been. Harucchi and her dad knows about Ryo-nii, and I know about Ryo-nii. But they don't know that I know.

Sounds complicated, right?

Ryo-nii really wasn't always so terrible. He was a kind big brother, and he was open and welcome to anyone. He was a perfect role model, and he loved Harucchi just as much as he loved the rest of our family. Everything was absolutely perfect.

Mother and Father supported us all the way when I became an idol and Ryo-nii became an actor. We made it big in no time, and I'm glad it paid off. Mother and Father never missed any of my concerts, and they were always the first to see one of Ryo-nii's new movies. Things couldn't have been better.

Harucchi, Ryo-nii, and I would always play together when we were younger too. Harucchi's mom died when she was very young. I missed her. Ever since, Harucchi focused more on studies and academics. At first to me, I thought it was kind of silly to me, but even then I had some sort of respect for that. It was fun whenever we got to hang out with her.

But that all changed when Mother and Father were....It still pains me to say it. They shouldn't have. They didn't deserve it. They were loving, perfect parents.

It was Ryo-nii's birthday. We were on our way to Harucchi's house. Mother and Father had said that they wanted to celebrate Ryo-nii's birthday with Harucchi and the rest of the whole family, but Uncle Rankacchi (he insisted we call him that) couldnt come bring Harucchi until late because of work. So, we decided to go to her. We didn't mind. Ryo-nii was actually pretty excited.

"....Where's Mama and Papa?"

I remember that. Clear as day, I remember myself staring in confusion when it happened.

Harucchi was standing in the doorway when we arrived, and there were tears streaming down her cheek. Her face was red and I remember Ryo-nii running past her inside. It was dark.

"Mother? Father? Mother, wake up. Father!" I heard his voice from further in.

I slowly followed inside. For some reason, Harucchi stayed at the door. I didn't understand it until later on until I saw it.

Mother and Father were on the floor, eyes closed.

Shot dead.

. . .

The killer remained unidentified. It was affirmed that a gun was used as the murder weapon to kill them, but there was no other evidence that they could find. No struggle of a fight or anything other than the dead bodies.

The officers who came called it a "clean getaway", and the job needed "Sherlock Holmes" to figure this out.

I was dumbfounded. How could officers that enforce the law and our great nation say such a thing? They must have all sorts of technology to figure this out. There's no way that was true. There must've been something!

It's said that Harucchi wasn't in the home at the time of the murder. I never did find out where she was or why. She simply gave a statement to the police (along with our own five later on), and it was done. And if anyone was wondering, it was impossible for Harucchi to have committed there murder, not that I had even suspected. She gave a solid alibi. I never questioned her any further.

Uncle Rankacchi came home later just as the police left, and I couldn't stop crying.

Ryo-nii had just stood there in shock all alone at the dinner table. He refused to cry yet.

"Ryo...."

"Get away from me!" Ryo-nii had suddenly lashed out. "Where were you?! How could this have happened?!" He blamed Harucchi for it all. He yelled as if she could've prevented this all from happening, or at the least find the killer.

It was a blind rage, and she didn't deserve it. I don't know the real reason why, but Ryo-nii blamed everything solely on Harucchi. Not Uncle Rankacchi, not the police officers, and certainly not me or anyone else. Just her.

"Where were you?!" He shouted again. He raised his hand to slap her. Harucchi remained silent. Her fists were at her sides and tears streamed down her cheeks as she closed her eyes, bracing herself.

"Ryo-nii!" I cried out to stop him. I grabbed his hand right before he could hit her.

Uncle Rankacchi didn't have the heart to yell at Ryo-nii. Not after all of this. He comforted Harucchi and Ryo-nii stormed off into his room where he usually stayed when we visit their house.

Harucchi was crying, and I didn't know what to do. Because I too was crying.

I followed after Ryo-nii and I knocked on the door to his room. When I got no answer, i realized the door was unlocked.

When I peeked in through the cracked open door, I saw Ryo-nii.

He was on the bed, knees to his chest. Tears were pouring out, and he cried out in agony.

My hand went to my shirt and I clenched the fabric around above my heart. I shut the door and pressed my forehead against it. I yelled out too. What else could I do? It wouldn't bring them back. It wouldn't fix his newfound hatred for Harucchi. It wouldn't do anything. But I did it anyways.

Ever since then, Ryo-nii was never the same.

I knew, yet I turned a blind eye like a fool.

Maybe it's too late, but....

I just wish....

"Sora?"

"Huh?" I blinked, shaking my head. I was snapped out of my train of thought. I looked up and I was met with Harucchi's kind gaze.

We were still at the beach.

Tamacchi was yelling at Hikacchi and Kaocchi, Honeycchi was collecting seashells with Moricchi, and Kyocchi was still speaking with Ryo-nii. And now, Harucchi was standing in front of me as I sat alone in the sand on a beach towel.

"What are you doing all alone back here? Come on!" She extended her hand out to me. "We've got a major haul!" She held out a bucket, which had a giant red lobster that was very much still alive and running. She looked so happy.

I couldn't help but burst out into fits of laughter.

"Hey, what's that for?" Harucchi looked at me skeptically.

"S-Sorry." I grinned at her. "Harucchi is so funny!" I made a peace sign to her before she rolled her eyes with a smile to reached for my hand.

I want Harucchi to be able to smile like this all the time again.

If there is a god or angel looking after us, please bring back my brother how he used to be. Like the good old days.

Mother? Father?

I want Harucchi to always be happy.