28.

Letters to my mom.

Dear mom,
You weren't there when I was little, because of your work. You weren't there when I learned how to really ride a bike. And you weren't there to give me a ride to kindergarten. I accept that you didn't have time back then and it's okay.

- Your Daughter

----------

Dear mom,
We were never close when I was small, but when you got a new job that would let you be at home more, you still didn't spend much of your time with me. So I spent more time with dad, making me prefer guy friends over girl friends. That's the reason why my best friends were all boys back then.

- Your Daughter

----------

Dear mom,
I don't like my first language as much as English, please accept that. For me, English is an easier and more comforting language than our first. Please be okay with me not being able to do good things in that language.

- Your Daughter

----------

Dear mom,
Please stop complaining about me waiting for the last second to do something. I know I have a problem with procrastination, but I'm trying my best. Please just stop yelling.

- Your Daughter

----------

Dear mom,
Please just stop comparing me and my brother. I know that he's much better at stuff than me, but please don't rub it in. You're making me sad. You're making me break. I just want you to accept me.

Accept me for the foolish stupid girl that I am.

- Your Daughter

----------

Dear mom,
Please don't criticize everything I do. I like writing, but for me it's hard in my first language. If I could just talk English for the rest of my life, I would be happy to. Just don't hate the fact that I depend on you to help me through it. I'm sorry for being a burden.

Maybe you could say that to me too?

Maybe you could say sorry for screaming and yelling at me for doing something wrong?

I would love that.

- Your Daughter