Gray slammed his fist into the very man who caused his heart to close off. He held nothing back as he shoved the man into the ground, repeatedly punching and kicking him with no remorse.

This man... He was knocked backwards, his glasses falling off. This man is.... He seems intent on forcing me to unleash that... Invel stood up, his body beginning to change into ice and forming into armor. Ice-Rending Divine Raiment!!" "This is ice from the depths of the underworld itself... all things unlucky enough to graze it shall freeze instantly." He explained as Gray threw a punch at him that he stopped. "EVEN THE LIKES OF YOU... AND YOUR BODY'S IMMUNITY TO ICE... IT MATTERS NOT! THIS UNHOLY ARMOR FREEZES ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING WITHOUT FAIL! BE FOREVER FROZEN IN TIME..." Gray's arm was getting covered in ice. "AND SHATTER TO PIECES!"

The pain was nothing compared to what Gray was feeling as he pushed through and broke Invel's armor. The Winter General was in disbelief that the ice mage was able to use his own magic against him.

"YOU STOLE HER FUTURE RIGHT FROM UNDER HER!" The Fairy Tail wizard felt the way the ice cracked beneath his knuckles as he punched Invel. "AND THAT'S UNFORGIVABLE!" He couldn't stop punching him. "YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S GOING TO SHATTER TO PIECES, YOU SON OF A BITCH!" He used Iced Devil's Zeroth Destruction Fist as the final blow to immobilize the Spriggan 12 member.

Gray had unshed tears in his eyes as he reached into his pocket pulling out the necklace his wife never took off and stared at the smiling face she had. It was the most recent picture they had taken and he clenched the object tighter, holding back the tears that threatened to fall.

Wendy held back a sob when she saw the condition Asami was in before she immediately set to work while Carla comforted Haru as best she could.

It was thanks to Carla's future predictions that they were able to make it in time. Wendy tried to keep her breathing steady as she began healing her sister and save her life.

Hearing a groan, the blunette felt the tension in her body leave, finding relief and joy that her sister was alive. "Take it easy. You need to lie still and please don't try and get up just yet." She said gently, seeing her trying to sit up.

"Wendy?" Asami breathed out softly, her body felt sore and winced as she laid back. She didn't notice Haru stiffen as he stared at her in shock.

"If she had found you even a moment later, your life really would have been in danger." Carla said bluntly, even though their was a relief in her tone to know that she was alive.

Wendy smiled bashfully at her sister. "Well, to be precise, it was thanks to Carla precognition abilities that we were able to locate you."

"So... I'm still alive..." Asami still felt a bit disoriented but she remembered that she was indeed dying, just unable to move.

"Asami." Haru choked out and she looked at him, surprised to see the condition he was in.

"Haru... your eye." She muttered.

He scoffed, despite the small sob that escaped him. "It doesn't matter." He sniffled. "You almost did die and I was scared I was going to be alone..."

She smiled sadly, hearing the hurt in his tone and reached over to wipe away his tears

She smiled sadly, hearing the hurt in his tone and reached over to wipe away his tears. "I'm sorry that you felt that way." She felt a pang of guilt. "But, I'm sure Gray wouldn't..." She paused, recalling her husband's face and what happened prior to her dropping to the ground. "Speaking of Gray... where is he?" She asked, turning her head to see if he was nearby.

Wendy and Carla blinked. "He wasn't here when we arrived." The blunette said.

Haru clenched his fists, recalling the look of rage Gray had when he walked passed him and Asami saw the look on his face

Haru clenched his fists, recalling the look of rage Gray had when he walked passed him and Asami saw the look on his face. "Do you know what happened to him, Haru?" She asked.

He gulped, shifted uncomfortably. "I think he went after that other ice guy." He revealed, not mentioning how Gray's magic felt like darkness and suffocating as he left.

Gray stood over Invel who lied on the ground, unable to move his body. "I can stand here... and pound away at you day and night... it won't bring my wife back." He said, his voice low. "She's ... never coming back."

"The same could be said... for your father... mother... and master... as well." The white haired mage breathed out.

"How the hell do you know about them?" Gray demanded, not liking the reminder of those he lost.

"It is all predetermined by fate." Invel said. "As long as E.N.D remains undefeated, you are doomed to suffer through neverending misfortune and heartache."

"You don't need to tell me twice. I'm going to be the one to defeat E.N.D" That was his last and only remaining goal he had in his life.

"It would be more accurate to say you are the only one who can defeat E.N.D" A small twitch of his lips tugged upward. "However, you still are blissfully unaware of it's true identity." Gray furrowed his brows, wondering why he sounded smug. "The mightiest of all the demons from the book of Zeref, and your true mortal enemy is none other than a man you know all too well...." The name made Gray's heart skip a beat. "Etherious Natsu Dragneel."

A/N: Thanks to those who have voted and added this story so far! It really means a lot!